DeWalt DCS334 Jigsaw

Mishi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Not happy with this jigsaw, looks cheaply made also when I took it from the box it looked like it has been kicked by a muddy shoe in factory where it was made in Mexico and the rubber cover was a bit damaged. Festool has made Kapex cordless and Vacs also cordless, only things left are router and planer as soon as Festool makes cordless router and planer I would say bye bye to DeWALT, enough is enough. I am watching CAS platform also, and the good thing with them is they are making the same tool with different qualities working with the same battery, not like SBD that their DeWALT batteries are not cross compatible with Craftsman ones. 

• 1 month later...

I have a DCS334 Dewalt cordless Jigsaw.

I have used it, but not a whole lot. I've had it for about a year.

My blades will not stay in anymore. I install the blade, start the saw,

put it up against the wood, and as soon as it touches the wood, it fly's off. 

There is no holding power for the blade. There are slight scratches on the blade, which tells me

something is not grabbing it hard enough. I can actually pull it out by hand if I pull hard enough.

Is there a solution to this?

That’s too bad @Jonathon I have had mine for maybe two years and love it. I just finished a flooring and trim job and used it exclusively over my Bosch barrel grip 7.2. I wish I could comment on the blade but get that sucker to warranty. Interestingly my 16ga dewalt nailer which got nearly no use over five years is not working at all, the bolt keeps sticking! My second Dewalt nailer to fritz out. And I love Dewalt! WTH?!

• Like 1