Not even 24 hours!

dajain

Just bought the 1/2" Impact Wrench w/ slip ring from HD yesterday. used it 2 times and noticed it wouldn't go into full "remove" mode. 

Tried all the stages (1 thru full) and still the same scenario.

Just got done with a customers vehicle and the thing wouldn't operate in either direction or on any setting.

Sometimes, the motor would just "bump" and then nothing but the lights come on.

Like I said, just bought it yesterday. Anything I should check before I take it back?

Eric's right, you should definitely take it back while you're in the window.  It could be a trigger or electronics problem, and sending it to Milwaukee will leave you without the tool for a few weeks, before getting the repaired tool (or worse, a refurbished return from someone else) with a shiny white sticker on it reflecting the repair.  Let HD and Milwaukee decide whether or not to return the impact, and get a brand new one.  

I have no idea how Milwaukee supplies these to stores, but if you have the option you may even want to return the impact and buy another one at a different location, in case there's a bad production run.

Took it back the next day and they easily replaced it. Funny thing is (sad actually), when you take the tool in, they just can't replace the tool for a tool only package. Instead, You have to exchange the entire kit. So, yup, get a bad tool and you have to send back a perfectly good battery and charger.

What a waste.

New gun is working great though. Now just waiting to hear about the warrantee on I sent in. Yeah, I can't afford to be without an impact.