SBD Cordless Tile Cutter/Saw Working With DeWALT Batteries

Altan

SBD seems to have an...odd...marketing sense.  I agree that a DeWalt cordless tile saw would be a no-brainer for those in the market for such a tool.  Last I checked, Porter Cable is all but dead, while Craftsman is a budget pro brand at best.  Neither offer the battery capacities that DeWalt does, and the new 15Ah battery would probably power a tile saw for quite some time.  Even better would be a 120v Max FlexVolt saw with the ability to use the miter saw's adapter.  

• Haha 1

This saw was intended for the DIY crowd. SBD could do a cordless tile saw but the capabilities and price point would be significantly more. It seems like Porter Cable is now exclusive to Tractor Supply as a house brand which seems like a last gasp before the brand either is killed off or retired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR99 said:

This saw was intended for the DIY crowd. SBD could do a cordless tile saw but the capabilities and price point would be significantly more. It seems like Porter Cable is now exclusive to Tractor Supply as a house brand which seems like a last gasp before the brand either is killed off or retired.

It's a shame that Porter Cable has been relegated to such.  Honestly, I'm surprised Tractor Supply still carries the brand, though I guess it makes sense.  around 4-5 years ago they had most of the PC stuff on clearance, with the 4Ah batteries marked down to $20 or so, but then they restocked with newer stuff.  

21 hours ago, fm2176 said:

SBD seems to have an...odd...marketing sense.  I agree that a DeWalt cordless tile saw would be a no-brainer for those in the market for such a tool.  Last I checked, Porter Cable is all but dead, while Craftsman is a budget pro brand at best.  Neither offer the battery capacities that DeWalt does, and the new 15Ah battery would probably power a tile saw for quite some time.  Even better would be a 120v Max FlexVolt saw with the ability to use the miter saw's adapter.  

A DeWALT cordless tile saw would work for UK market I think. Houses are old in London and lots of them needs to be refurbished, I am sure it will sell here very well. I would buy 10 units myself for my friends. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DR99 said:

I don't think a DeWALT version would be costly for SBD as it can be rebranded Craftsman / Porter Cable version working with DeWALT batteries.