Ryobi Tool Fever

huberoy123

I purchased several Ryobi tools during the recent months. They have proven to be be of good quality, and the prices are good. They work well in my home workshop.

I was able to purchase many of them on sale. I have them organized in my workshop, using tool and battery holders that I purchased on Etsy.com and eBay.com.

What do others think of Ryobi Tools?

IMG_20220131_124829.thumb.jpg.163fc49d8f30198034f36e6a4e0a7046.jpg

• Like 1

Agree 100%, they are a great value and quality is great, especially for the homeowner.  I know some one man shop contractors who have certain Ryobi tools in their arsenal.  They have a ton of tools in their 18V platform, you can get them at Home Depot and you can buy bare kits.  So for me, Ryobi is a great brand to own.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I have DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch, MetaboHPT, Ridgid, and other tool brands.  If anything I'm the poster child for tool hoarding.  Ryobi, though, just hits that "sweet spot" of functionality and price point.  While I've gotten many of my tools on clearance or on sale, Ryobi is easily the most affordable brand that's easily obtainable in the US.  I often mention Ryobi Days for a reason: it's hard to find another tool brand that effectively lets you build your own tool kit (with decent batteries as opposed to tiny 1.5Ah ones) once a year.

Another great thing about Ryobi is their willingness to release tools no other brand has widely available.  My most-used Ryobi tools are things like the Devour cordless sweeper, 3 gallon wet/dry vacuum, and hot glue guns (I have the large and mini sizes).  Well, actually, the absolute most used Ryobi product is the Score speaker and occasionally the satellite speakers.  I usually stream YouTube videos through it while doing other things around the house.  

Stop into The Home Depot on occasion and you may find some good Ryobi clearance deals.  My most recent deal was a two pack promo of the Compact Area Light for $22.50 (factoring in the military discount).  I picked up my Ryobi tile saw (corded) for $45 and a router table for $45 as well (coupled with a Porter Cable router I paid $45 for I'm under $100 total, but I need to get it back from the coworker who borrowed it a while ago).

• Like 1