DeWALT New 20V Cordless Biscuit Joiner

Altan

I am not sure about the model number, but I think it is DCW682, I could not find a good photo also. It is brushless, bare tool for $229. Would be nice to know the COO. May 2022

Also a 5.0 Ah Powerstack battery at the end of 2022. 12" 60V (not 120V) Mitre Saw is on the way. 

DeWALT DCW682.jpg

3 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

where did you find the pic of the joiner ?

availability / price/ 

etc..

thx

I found the pic that I think was a screenshot from a YouTube video, i checked YouTube last night and I saw three videos from a week ago approximately which were about Leaked DeWALT new tools, If you can not find them, let me know and I will find them for you. I think I could read the model number which was DCW682 and it seems it is related or similar to the corded model they have DW682 with one "C" added in it which stands for cordless, DeWALT previous cordless biscuit joiner model number was DW932. 

I think it will be available from March 2022 and in US price will be 229 (which I translate that stupid number to 230) USD. 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:16 AM, midogrumpy said:

thx !

DC ..... can be assumed as cordless, but DC means battery (essentially the same)

AC as you know is alternating current = corded

2)

what makes you assume it is March ?

send me your private mail

I will send you an excel I´m working on with about 10 new cordless tools

cheers

mike

Yes, I know DC/AC, but here it is different. The way DeWALT codes their product is quite good, "D" stands for DeWALT and "C" stands for cordless and then the last letter stands for the category of the tool, and then three numbers, I give you some examples.

DCH274 is DeWALT Cordless Hammer Drill (first number is basically to show a sub category, the second number shows the power and the third number shows if it is with one fixed chuck or interchangeable chucks) If it ends with 3 it has a fixed chuck and if it ends with 4 it has two interchangeable chucks. if it starts with number 0 it is a 12V tool, if it starts with 1 it is an atomic tool and if it starts with 2 it is a 20V tool.

DCS355 is DeWALT Cordless Saw (oscillating machine in this case) 35 is for multitools and the last number in the power and options. so DCS353 in the 12V multitool, DCS354 is the atomic version, DCS355 is 20V version and DCS356 is the 20V version with 3 speed option, so this shows DeWALT might come up with new models of multitools in the future, possibly DCS357 will be another 20V tool with 7 speed option, DCS358 would be a Flexvolt 60V version. 

I saw in a video that the release date will be March 2022 and the price 229 USD.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Cool tool. Gonna be interesting after 2024 when the Festool patent expires and all the brands can make their own version of the Domino machine for half the price. DeWalt wouldn’t be able to keep it on the shelf.

DeWALT will definitely drop the quality though. But if Mafell do it they might increase the quality and make something better than Festool. Mafell tools seems to be more expensive compared to Festool ones. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...