I think Americans should learn to use reinforced concrete instead of wood to build houses...

Altan

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get that one concrete piece that is hanging far out.  Very cool but just seems like it would break or snap off unless I am not seeing a support system.  Even if the support is built into the concrete, it just defies my ability to grasp the concept.  Very cool.

13 minutes ago, Eric - TIA said:

I don't get that one concrete piece that is hanging far out.  Very cool but just seems like it would break or snap off unless I am not seeing a support system.  Even if the support is built into the concrete, it just defies my ability to grasp the concept.  Very cool.

It has been definitely reinforced with lots of rebars into the wall. But it is too long and I never thought something like this could have been done this way. It has sharp edges which is not good but it does not stand on the floor which makes the cleaning easier and quicker.