3M hard hat safety helmets in different colours

Altan

• 2 years later...

About those 3M hard hat safety helmets in different colors, it sounds like you're gearing up for some serious style on the job site! I think having a choice of colors is awesome—it lets you express a bit of personality while staying safe. I've seen those custom new era hats, and they're top-notch. If the quality of those helmets is anything like that, you're in good hands. Plus, having different colors could help with team spirit and easy identification. Safety first, but there's no harm in looking good too?

On 6/20/2024 at 4:10 PM, CameronGraham said:

About those 3M hard hat safety helmets in different colors, it sounds like you're gearing up for some serious style on the job site! I think having a choice of colors is awesome—it lets you express a bit of personality while staying safe. I've seen those custom new era hats, and they're top-notch. If the quality of those helmets is anything like that, you're in good hands. Plus, having different colors could help with team spirit and easy identification. Safety first, but there's no harm in looking good too?

More than a decade ago I started to study and read about helmet and workwear colour identification, at first I was aiming to make my own colour identification then I found out that they have done it already and every colour of helmet is for a reason. I wonder how and why they have chosen specific colour for specific profession, what was the logic behind it?! No answer I could find...

On 6/25/2024 at 6:16 AM, Altan said:

More than a decade ago I started to study and read about helmet and workwear colour identification, at first I was aiming to make my own colour identification then I found out that they have done it already and every colour of helmet is for a reason. I wonder how and why they have chosen specific colour for specific profession, what was the logic behind it?! No answer I could find...

In high noise and/or activity workspaces it just makes sense.  The US Navy uses a color-coding system for flight deck personnel on its aircraft carriers, for example.  On a commercial or industrial job site, I could see wanting to differentiate the electricians from the plumbers, supervisors and project managers from skilled labor, and so on.