Have yall ever seen a tool organizer like this? Its pretty wicked cool!

Showpump

11 hours ago, Altan said:

I think it depends on the type of work you do. It seems it can only be good for mechanics. 

As a former automotive tech/mechanic, I'd prefer a more conventional cart.  I picked one of these up at a flea market five years ago and, while it's a bit big, it would have been perfect when I worked in a large shop, especially with a small 3-drawer box on top.  The organizer in the picture would be good for a small or cramped auto shop, though, and probably about perfect for some of the facility maintenance areas I worked in as a contracted forklift mechanic.  

It seems like this still has a ways to go to get put into production, though the link does address a number of potential issues I had with the top picture.  The stand is optional, and the organizer itself rotates, so it might be preferable to a drawer-style tool box if you're not worried about theft.  I could see having one of these on the back of my golf cart if I went into a distribution center maintenance job.

3 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

As a former automotive tech/mechanic, I'd prefer a more conventional cart.  I picked one of these up at a flea market five years ago and, while it's a bit big, it would have been perfect when I worked in a large shop, especially with a small 3-drawer box on top.  The organizer in the picture would be good for a small or cramped auto shop, though, and probably about perfect for some of the facility maintenance areas I worked in as a contracted forklift mechanic.  

It seems like this still has a ways to go to get put into production, though the link does address a number of potential issues I had with the top picture.  The stand is optional, and the organizer itself rotates, so it might be preferable to a drawer-style tool box if you're not worried about theft.  I could see having one of these on the back of my golf cart if I went into a distribution center maintenance job.

Ecaxtly, thieves are an issue here. That is why I like boxes that are lockable. 

• Like 1

When I worked in a shop I wasn't so much worried about something getting stolen as I was with it getting permanently borrowed.  My coworkers probably had the same mentality: non-employees weren't normally allowed in the shop, but a fellow mechanic might need to borrow an ever-evasive 10mm socket when you're sick.  Next thing you know, you need that 10mm and its place on the socket rail is empty.  Mechanics are usually very generous with loaning out tools, and most don't consciously steal from their peers, but they have notoriously poor memories sometimes.  😆