New 1/4" Hex Shank Adapters

Altan

1 hour ago, Altan said:

1/4" hex shank to square female, adapter for taps in different sizes. 

E6.3 Hex Shank Adapter for Square Shank Tap.jpg

E6.3 Hex Shank Adapter for Square Shank Tap M14.jpg

These are cool, but confusing to me.

When I want to do taps w/o the tee handle or the bar tool included w/ the kit, I have eight point sockets w/ either ¼" or 3/8" standard drive. Those fit my taps.

The image shows a M14 laser engraved ID, assuming for the square drive dimension.

Are the ROW taps not having the US fractional inch square drive?

Who is the manufacturer on this tool?

37 minutes ago, wingless said:

When I want to do taps w/o the tee handle or the bar tool included w/ the kit, I have eight point sockets w/ either ¼" or 3/8" standard drive. Those fit my taps.

The image shows a M14 laser engraved ID, assuming for the square drive dimension.

1/8x Screw Tap Socket Adapter Driver 1/4 Hex Shank Thread Tapping Sleeve Holder | eBay

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wingless said:

It seems they are made in Taiwan. Currently not made by Western brands.

43 minutes ago, wingless said:

I am not too familiar with Inch thingies in general, I did a search on eBay and I could just see them in Metric. 

12 hours ago, wingless said:

E6.3 Hex Shank Tap Adapter Taiwan.jpg

What I would like to get is this service key in 4 different pieces with 1/4" E6.3 hex shank. I started to search for 1/4" hex shank square and triangle female adapters and I found this instead. I know Wiha makes triangle nut setters like a screwdriver but not as a bit(?) with 1/4" hex shank. I have searched a lot for them and I could not see any. Knipex does this with 8 different heads, the triangle head in different sizes. I had a chat with a Knipex manager about making them with 1/4" hex shank explaining the reasons, but I think they have a lot of them in stock and they have to sell them first then they can go for a new design :)))

The reason I want them to be with 1/4" hex shank is to be able to keep them organized in accessory cases, but a piece of metal like this with 4 or 8 heads is going to be at the bottom of the tool box and you will feel lazy to dig it out and you will use long nose pliers to open at the end. Next time when you see any box that needs this kind of keys check it carefully and you will see a sign of pliers being used in most cases. Also this happens because some guys who want to open these boxes do not have these keys as they are not so common. 

Have you seen triangle and square nut setters with 1/4" hex shank?

Service Key.jpg

4 minutes ago, wingless said:

Thanks for these, but zero use for the US.

The taps available in the US have SAE fractional inch square drives, none have metric square drives.

My current solution is using eight point sockets that fit my ¼" drive tools.

I have not seen 8 point sockets at all, would you please provide any photo? Link? I have only seen 6 and 12.

2 minutes ago, wingless said:

Thanks, Made in US Proto sockets. I would still like to have them as one piece with 1/4" hex shank. With these I need to use an adapter always. Plus if I need to keep them in DeWALT accessory cases I need to buy one adapter for each :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Altan said:

Thanks, Made in US Proto sockets. I would still like to have them as one piece with 1/4" hex shank. With these I need to use an adapter always. Plus if I need to keep them in DeWALT accessory cases I need to buy one adapter for each :) 

Agreed, SAE, fractional inch square socket ¼" hex shank bits would be handy for US taps.

1 hour ago, wingless said:

Agreed, SAE, fractional inch square socket ¼" hex shank bits would be handy for US taps.

You gave me an idea today and that was to look for triangle and square socket instead of nut setters with 1/4" hex shank and I found new things.

Laser 5683 Triangular Socket Set 1/2"D 5pc : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools