Jump to content

Do you think tool manufacturers/brands will move to other sectors as well?


Altan

Recommended Posts

Recently Makita has come up with a few new cordless things, I don't call them tools as they are not the kind of tools that we are used to seeing. A cordless TV, a cordless kettle, a cordless warmer/cooler, a cordless coffee maker, a cordless radio/speaker (most brands have it) and I have seen videos that Makita has the patent for cordless microwave, cordless fridge and etc.

 

Do you think Makita will push more in this kind of things? They also make different vacuums for home and office use. How about other brands? What would you like to see as cordless apart from usual tools? And from which brands?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Oster hair clipper which is made in USA and amazing quality, I would like to see it as cordless as I always suffer using it with wire, recently they have made a cordless version also, but not for this which is a heavy duty machine. I think they could have used Bosch or Milwaukee 12V batteries for this purpose or DeWALT 8V batteries as they have round shape. 

Oster Made in USA.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, Altan said:

Recently Makita has come up with a few new cordless things, I don't call them tools as they are not the kind of tools that we are used to seeing. A cordless TV, a cordless kettle, a cordless warmer/cooler, a cordless coffee maker, a cordless radio/speaker (most brands have it) and I have seen videos that Makita has the patent for cordless microwave, cordless fridge and etc.

 

Do you think Makita will push more in this kind of things? They also make different vacuums for home and office use. How about other brands? What would you like to see as cordless apart from usual tools? And from which brands?

 

 

I think Makita will continue diversifying their product line.  More and more Westerners (and the world in general) like going cordless.  Most of us use cell phones daily, and a lot of us use tablets or laptops for their portability and lack of cords when charged.  We use Bluetooth headsets, cordless mice and keyboards, wireless internet, and even wireless phone chargers (which, though they still require a cord relieves us of the need to plug in a phone or other device).

 

Makita's lineup has probably enticed some people who would never pick up a power tool.  A well funded outdoorsman or someone else wanting off-the-grid comfort items might buy that TV or coffee maker.  Makita wins, because those items need more and larger batteries if they are to last for a few days.  Makita also wins because if that person ever buys cordless power tools, they'll likely make those sales.  As an example, I own the DeWalt power station, and if I can ever afford them I'd gladly buy 4-8 15Ah batteries to keep it running far longer than my 6Ah and single 9Ah battery can.  If I bought those batteries and had a choice between the next big FlexVolt tool and its new M18 counterpart, I'd easily go with DeWalt due to the batteries, even if Milwaukee's offering outperformed it.

 

On 4/10/2022 at 3:15 PM, Altan said:

I have a Oster hair clipper which is made in USA and amazing quality, I would like to see it as cordless as I always suffer using it with wire, recently they have made a cordless version also, but not for this which is a heavy duty machine. I think they could have used Bosch or Milwaukee 12V batteries for this purpose or DeWALT 8V batteries as they have round shape. 

Oster Made in USA.jpg

 

The M12 batteries might work and would offer longer runtimes and more power, but for something like this 8v Max would be the ideal size.  I'm not sure of the voltage, but cordless trimmers I've owned have been hit or miss.  A cheap one held up to Ni-Cad's reputation of not holding an adequate charge, while my Manscaped trimmer seems pretty decent but has already had to be replaced due to not charging.  

 

I own a few clippers, all corded, and am inconvenienced by the cord as well.  While I've never had the skills some Soldiers develop to cut their own hair to an acceptable military fade, I did occasionally "purge" my hair by simply shaving it all off, even keeping that as my regular haircut for extended periods.  It was always nice growing my hair out before suddenly coming in bald to the disbelief of coworkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

 

I think Makita will continue diversifying their product line.  More and more Westerners (and the world in general) like going cordless.  Most of us use cell phones daily, and a lot of us use tablets or laptops for their portability and lack of cords when charged.  We use Bluetooth headsets, cordless mice and keyboards, wireless internet, and even wireless phone chargers (which, though they still require a cord relieves us of the need to plug in a phone or other device).

 

Makita's lineup has probably enticed some people who would never pick up a power tool.  A well funded outdoorsman or someone else wanting off-the-grid comfort items might buy that TV or coffee maker.  Makita wins, because those items need more and larger batteries if they are to last for a few days.  Makita also wins because if that person ever buys cordless power tools, they'll likely make those sales.  As an example, I own the DeWalt power station, and if I can ever afford them I'd gladly buy 4-8 15Ah batteries to keep it running far longer than my 6Ah and single 9Ah battery can.  If I bought those batteries and had a choice between the next big FlexVolt tool and its new M18 counterpart, I'd easily go with DeWalt due to the batteries, even if Milwaukee's offering outperformed it.

 

 

The M12 batteries might work and would offer longer runtimes and more power, but for something like this 8v Max would be the ideal size.  I'm not sure of the voltage, but cordless trimmers I've owned have been hit or miss.  A cheap one held up to Ni-Cad's reputation of not holding an adequate charge, while my Manscaped trimmer seems pretty decent but has already had to be replaced due to not charging.  

 

I own a few clippers, all corded, and am inconvenienced by the cord as well.  While I've never had the skills some Soldiers develop to cut their own hair to an acceptable military fade, I did occasionally "purge" my hair by simply shaving it all off, even keeping that as my regular haircut for extended periods.  It was always nice growing my hair out before suddenly coming in bald to the disbelief of coworkers.

I did shave my hair once a week for two years in high school just to annoy the school manager as he considered it as American style and he was against it :))))) It all started when I had very long hair and he was always annoying me with pushing me to keep it short, one day he took a scissor and made a very deep and bad cut on my hair to push me to go for a hair cut and I said that is it, I know what I am going to do with you :))))) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    17,416
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    JoeF
    Newest Member
    JoeF
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...