You can have a 240V Craftsman charger if you are outside US/Canada

Altan

SBD has made identical dual port chargers for both Stanley Fatmax in 240V and Craftsman in 120V, basically if you change the top plastic part of Stanley Fatmax one with the Craftsman one, you will have a Craftsman charger in 240V. I don't think you will need to do too much work to convert it. 

Craftsman CMCB124 Dual Port Charger.jpg

Stanley Fatmax. Dual Battery Charger 18V.jpg

30 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

So it’s Stanley Fat Max outside the US and Craftsman in? Do they have Craftsman in the UK, AU, etc..?

Yes, kind of, the chargers even the single port one are identical. The reason for having a 240V Craftsman charger is to be able to use the Craftsman tools that are made for North American market, cordless table top tile saw and alligator saw are the tools that can be bought from Craftsman and use in UK but charging the batteries would be a problem with US version of 120V chargers. 

Gotta say this blows my mind a little being on the Craftsman platform! I knew nothing about there being a Stanley Fat Max line of power tools. It looks like it began life as a B&D clone in 2012, then became a Porter cable clone, and is now a combination of clones from PC and DeWalt, the same as Craftsman is.

This is basically the same thing as Metabo HPT and Hikoki. Both the same tools. One is just for the USA, while the other is for the rest of the world. SBD certainly can't have two lines of tools in Yellow and Black.

8 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Gotta say this blows my mind a little being on the Craftsman platform! I knew nothing about there being a Stanley Fat Max line of power tools. It looks like it began life as a B&D clone in 2012, then became a Porter cable clone, and is now a combination of clones from PC and DeWalt, the same as Craftsman is.

This is basically the same thing as Metabo HPT and Hikoki. Both the same tools. One is just for the USA, while the other is for the rest of the world. SBD certainly can't have two lines of tools in Yellow and Black.

In the case of Hikoki and Metabo HPT I should say there is a difference and that is both of them have fully compatible batteries, just with different names, but batteries are not compatible between Stanley Fatmax and Craftsman or Porter Cable. 

It might start in 2012, I am not really informed about the start date, I started to notice it around 5 years ago and it seems it is mostly developed for certain EU countries (Greece, Italy, etc.)  and Australia. They also have (had) the DeWALT Toughsystem boxes in Stanley Fatmax version with yellow side handles and handles. I think I have seen in a video that the batteries from Porter Cable and Stanley Fatmax can be compatible with little modification. So the relation between Stanley Fatmax, Porter Cable and Craftsman (as well as DeWALT) is a bit complicated. There is a lot to talk about this issue. 

1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

So the V20 batteries for both aren’t the same? That would negate getting that 240v charger then if it’s not the same form factor.

No, the Stanley Fatmax batteries are slightly different than the Porter Cable ones, I have seen some videos that they do a little modification on batteries' plastic cover to work on the tools from the other brand. So the batteries are similar to Porter Cable and chargers to Craftsman. That is why I called it a complicated relation between these brands. This is the only way of getting a 240V Craftsman charger, so that Craftsman cordless tile cutter can be used in UK.

15 hours ago, Altan said:

No, the Stanley Fatmax batteries are slightly different than the Porter Cable ones, I have seen some videos that they do a little modification on batteries' plastic cover to work on the tools from the other brand. So the batteries are similar to Porter Cable and chargers to Craftsman. That is why I called it a complicated relation between these brands. This is the only way of getting a 240V Craftsman charger, so that Craftsman cordless tile cutter can be used in UK.

I'm not talking about Porter cable any more. The Stanley V20 battery and the Craftsman V20 battery look identical. Just different colors.

45 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

I'm not talking about Porter cable any more. The Stanley V20 battery and the Craftsman V20 battery look identical. Just different colors.

Yes, they do look similar but I think the part of the plastic cover that slides into the tool is different. So it is not like Metabo HPT and Hikoki that the batteries are the same just basically with different brand name.  

13 hours ago, Altan said:

Yes, they do look similar but I think the part of the plastic cover that slides into the tool is different. So it is not like Metabo HPT and Hikoki that the batteries are the same just basically with different brand name.  

You’d be wrong. After some searching, Stanley Fat Max V20 and Craftsman V20 are in fact the same tools and batteries. The only difference is name and color. Just like Hikoki and Metabo HPT.

You don’t need to understand Indonesian to see a Craftsman V20 running on a Fat Max V20 battery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

You’d be wrong. After some searching, Stanley Fat Max V20 and Craftsman V20 are in fact the same tools and batteries. The only difference is name and color. Just like Hikoki and Metabo HPT.

You don’t need to understand Indonesian to see a Craftsman V20 running on a Fat Max V20 battery.

It seems you are right. I did watch a video about battery compatibility between SBD brands a few years ago, probably before 2018 and Craftsman was not a part of SBD at that time, I think, but I do remember with little modification on Porter Cable batteries you could use them with Stanley Fatmax tools and by now nowhere I have seen  someone talking about Craftsman and Stanley Fatmax compatibility, I mean in Western world, they kind of keep these things like secret I feel. It is good to know this as I can buy Craftsman Tile Saw from US and batteries and charger from UK to have the warranty at least for the charger and batteries. Currently this tool from Craftsman is not being sold on any online retailers but. 

• Like 1

Yeah like I said, it appears SBD created the Stanley Fat Max line as an off shoot brand for overseas. First using Black and Decker, then Porter Cable, and then Craftsman V20.

And you are correct. They really don’t talk about overseas exclusive brands here in the state. As I stated, I was unaware Stanley Fat Max was even a brand until you posted about this charger. And only a couple pictures pop up if you Google image V20 Power Tools in the US.

Most casual users don’t even know Ridgid is AEG overseas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Yeah like I said, it appears SBD created the Stanley Fat Max line as an off shoot brand for overseas. First using Black and Decker, then Porter Cable, and then Craftsman V20.

And you are correct. They really don’t talk about overseas exclusive brands here in the state. As I stated, I was unaware Stanley Fat Max was even a brand until you posted about this charger. And only a couple pictures pop up if you Google image V20 Power Tools in the US.

Most casual users don’t even know Ridgid is AEG overseas.

Recently I think I saw a Stanley Fatmax adapter which I will find the link and photo of that later, and I was confused why they needed to come up with this adapter until you told me about the battery compatibility between Craftsman and Stanley Fatmax, something about batteries, and today I found this. In this photo you can see two different version of Stanley Fatmax tools and also batteries, the one on the left hand side is the copy of Porter Cable (old version) and the one on the right hand side is the copy of Craftsman. As I told before the batteries between older version of Stanley Fatmax and Porter cable were not fully compatible though and a minor modification was needed (as much as I remember), I am not really sure a similar minor modification has been done also when it comes to new version of Stanley Fatmax and Craftsman. I did not watch the video completely. 

What I think now is that SBD has changed the rank of Stanley Fatmax from Porter Cable to Craftsman (a grade higher) for non North American Markets. This might mean we will say goodbye to Porter Cable soon. 

Stanley Fatmax Old and New Style.jpg

4 hours ago, Altan said:

This adapter could also mean you can use Porter Cable batteries with this adapter to run your Craftsman tools and it is a SBD product which is important when it comes to Health and Safety issues. 

Stanley Fatmax Battery Adapter SFMCB100.jpg

Nah. This adapter is for V20 batteries only to run PC platform tools. There is a non SBD adapter the goes PC to V20, but it’s unofficial and therefore able to void the warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203343756096?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

59 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Nah. This adapter is for V20 batteries only to run PC platform tools. There is a non SBD adapter the goes PC to V20, but it’s unofficial and therefore able to void the warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203343756096?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

Yes, I know they make these adapters for all brands these days, but I would not use them if they are not made by the same (parent) company as I would feel stressed all the time.