Would you rather have....

pietzeekoe

1.3ah packs are pretty small but not being able to charge a battery while using it is a real pain. The question is are you doing a whole bunch of drilling and fastening? I'm just really surprised Metabo has a kit with 1.3ah packs they are usually leading with high ah packs like their 5.2 packs. I will say I haven't heard a bad thing about Metabo but people have had issues with Makita with batteries dying after only a few months of use, and TIA burnt one up because of the lack of overload protection on the Brushless drills.

Pietzeekoe, first of Metabo is an awesome tool. Powerful, well made and not readily available at the market (mostly online in the US). The drill is a standard drill driver without hammer function. The Makita is readily available at most local hardware stores and has a equally massive or larger lineup of cordless tools. Also the BHP459 has a hammer function not found on the Metabo driver your looking at. Ask yourself what you'll be using it for and I think you can come up with where you should go. Keeping in mind, DR is dead on about the overload protection on the Makita and TiA did burn one up. Makita has just come out with a newer Makita XPH06 which is a newer upgraded brushless drill which is spouse fly better made than the 459. Good luck and let us know what you got!

I'm pretty sure the topic starter isn't from the USA or Canada from the tool brands he mentioned. I could be wrong but I'm 90% sure on this Metabo is such a fringe brand over here in the USA except for their metal working tools. Plus he mentioned a 4ah Makita battery they haven't sold them in the USA yet from what I have heard.

Thanks for the great responce guys.

You are right about my location, I'm in the Netherlands. Therefore Metabo is a bit more excessible to me then it might be to you.

I think I made made my mind up and I'm gonna go with the Metabo. Two batteries really seem like the better choice plus I heard that it has a really nice chuck and nice overall controls.

The Metabo I'm looking at does have the hammer function so I'm not losing out on that fuctionality.

The "air-cooled" battery charger seems a bit gimmicky but as long as It charges the batteries i'm not too bothered.

I think you definitely made the right choice then. The air cooling is actually an important factor in conditioning the batteries, Makita and Milwaukee, Festool etc use that same system. Also the chuck on the Metabo is phenomenal. Good luck!

I don't know enough about Metabo to tell you to buy one, but I know enough about Makita to tell you not to.

I have some Makita tools that I love, but I would steer clear of their cordless line at this time.

I agree, stay away from the Makita cordless at this time. That will leave more for the rest of us. Love the Makita stuff. It's been field proven and the line is unbeatable with it's depth.