Safety glasses recommendations

Javier

pesky metal shaving decided to jump over my Rx glasses and make friends with my eyeball.... couldn't see too well for the rest of the day even after a wash out..... but man, I wish  prescription safety glasses weren't so expensive!

• Like 1

pesky metal shaving decided to jump over my Rx glasses and make friends with my eyeball.... couldn't see too well for the rest of the day even after a wash out..... but man, I wish  prescription safety glasses weren't so expensive!

I feel your pain sir ;)

That reminds me of when I still did appraisals. I came in to the office and an associate's face was all burned up and red. I asked him what happened to your face. He said he was doing some welding without a face mask. I asked him how did he manage to weld without a mask, he said he would position the gun on the work piece and close his eyes as he welded. Lol, that's what your blinking comment reminded me of, Conductor

Holy crap that is the dumbest thing I think I have ever heard in my life welding without a welders mask!!

• Like 2

Places like sams club used to do RX safety glasses pretty reasonably priced but not sure nowadays.

Even with decent vision insurance things add up quickly.

Might want to check this site out TylerDrama http://www.rx-safety.com/prescription-safety-glasses/ Depending on which frames you want and lenses you might be able to get a fairly reasonable set of prescription safety glasses. I know some people don't like them but getting contact lenses has made things so much easier.

Wow. Thanks DR!just finished looking at this site and this is most likely where I will be buying my glasses next.... if I don't go with contacts,someone told me one shouldn't wear contacts at work because of dust getting between the contact and your eye.do you notice any irritation?

Wow. Thanks DR!just finished looking at this site and this is most likely where I will be buying my glasses next.... if I don't go with contacts,someone told me one shouldn't wear contacts at work because of dust getting between the contact and your eye.do you notice any irritation?

Thats very true that can happen.not to mention contacts make one more susceptible to things like eye infections and what not.

Contacts are great if you arent a tradesman.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't notice it while wearing a good pair of safety glasses good ones seal most of the dust out.

• 4 months later...

i bought some safety glasses about 4-5 months ago from HD there the mike holmes pair lol! for under 25 bucks and i like them but im lookin at getting some goggle type one and ive been eyeballing the dewalts, ijust hate when im sanding or doing drywall and dust falls in the through the top part of my glasses

I like goggle style safety glasses, I rub mother's pure brazilian Carnauba wax on both inside and outside every so often......less things stick to them and way less to no fogging.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mostly I buy the cheap pairs at harbor freight for less than $2/pair in clear, tinted and yellow mostly for the guy who works for me.. they end up getting neglected and beat quickly so I don't bother spending good money on them if he's just gonna trash them..

they do scratch quite easily though

My pair are festool branded but I'm pretty sure they are UVEX. They are so much nicer than the HF ones... the lenses are very crisp and clear, they are comfortable and stay in place and they really seem to hold up well to scratches.. they also have a nice foam case to protect them and even came with one or two replacement lenses!

I don't wear safety glasses as often as I should. If I'm drilling small things I'm probably not doing to break them out running a saw or nail gun defiantly. Another thing we all should wear safety equipment is with outdoor power equipment like string trimmers.