Outsourcing MEP engineering

okpermanent

Looking for opinions on outsourcing engineering and estimating services. I am a electrical construction manager, in California, currently unemployed. My most recent employer was a

young entrepreneur with a degree in construction management. He introduced me to outsourcing our estimating. I worked for him for about two years and developed a great relationship

with a young Registered Electrical Engineer in the Philippines. This guy did great work, doing all of our estimating and some engineering. Since I have been laid off from this company

(cash flow problems) the engineer in the Philippines has approached me and proposed I represent his firm here in the United States. He provides HVAC and plumbing services besides. I

do not like seeing American jobs outsourced to other countries, so this is a difficult time for me. I'm not finding employment as an aging construction manager and could make a better

future for myself, and many people Philippines. I see cost advantages to contractors and engineering firms here in the U.S.

Just now, okpermanent said:

Looking for opinions on outsourcing engineering and estimating services. I am a electrical construction manager, in California, currently unemployed. My most recent employer was a

young entrepreneur with a degree in construction management. He introduced me to outsourcing our estimating. I worked for him for about two years and developed a great relationship

with a young Registered Electrical Engineer in the Philippines. This guy did great work, doing all of our estimating and some engineering. Since I have been laid off from this company

(cash flow problems) the engineer in the Philippines has approached me and proposed I represent his firm here in the United States. He provides HVAC and plumbing services besides. I

do not like seeing American jobs outsourced to other countries MEP Estimating Services, so this is a difficult time for me. I'm not finding employment as an aging construction manager and could make a better

future for myself, and many people Philippines. I see cost advantages to contractors and engineering firms here in the U.S.

thanks for any help