Milwaukee M18 1/2" Router

Altan

This also has a plunge base or either a plunge version. Not sure which. I will have to do some digging to find out I guess. Sounded like this was catered more to the jobsite so maybe more brute force and less finesse. I'm not sure about dust collection but I doubt it would be as good as the high end German routers. I wouldn't be surprised if DeWALT came out with a 1/2 inch compatible one shortly. I would be surprised if DeWALT changed much on a 1/2 inch when compared to the 1/4 inch. Maybe a spec bump on the motor at most.

Looks like the interchangeable base option is what Milwaukee went with. It also looks to have a dual led feature and looks to come with a dust shroud. Not sure what the shroud looks like. I also saw there will be a sold separate accessory for using the router on a guide rail.

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

Looks like the interchangeable base option is what Milwaukee went with. It also looks to have a dual led feature and looks to come with a dust shroud. Not sure what the shroud looks like. I also saw there will be a sold separate accessory for using the router on a guide rail.

I saw it I think in some American websites being listed already. 

6 hours ago, Jronman said:

This also has a plunge base or either a plunge version. Not sure which. I will have to do some digging to find out I guess. Sounded like this was catered more to the jobsite so maybe more brute force and less finesse. I'm not sure about dust collection but I doubt it would be as good as the high end German routers. I wouldn't be surprised if DeWALT came out with a 1/2 inch compatible one shortly. I would be surprised if DeWALT changed much on a 1/2 inch when compared to the 1/4 inch. Maybe a spec bump on the motor at most.

I think DeWALT will make it 60V Flexvolt. We will see. German made Festool and Elu routers are/were amazing. But not cordless, currently the only Western made cordless router is the Bosch 12V one made in Hungary, the rest either Mexico or China. Also some DeWALT corded routers are made in Italy and they are good. I can see that there is a huge sympathy to German products among Americans, hope one day companies like Stanley Black & Decker will learn a bit from Germans how to do automated production or at least half automated so you Americans will not need to buy Chinese or Mexican products, but the current Craftsman disaster says the opposite! 

9 hours ago, Altan said:

I think DeWALT will make it 60V Flexvolt. We will see. German made Festool and Elu routers are/were amazing. But not cordless, currently the only Western made cordless router is the Bosch 12V one made in Hungary, the rest either Mexico or China. Also some DeWALT corded routers are made in Italy and they are good. I can see that there is a huge sympathy to German products among Americans, hope one day companies like Stanley Black & Decker will learn a bit from Germans how to do automated production or at least half automated so you Americans will not need to buy Chinese or Mexican products, but the current Craftsman disaster says the opposite! 

Is the MetaboHPT/Hikoki 1/2 inch router made in China/Mexico?

26 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Is the MetaboHPT/Hikoki 1/2 inch router made in China/Mexico?

I actually checked Acme tools for all of Metabo HTP cordless tools and there was only a mitre saw made in Japan, the rest all made in China!!! So strange. I was considering their tools because they have an AC adapter but now I gave up from the brand.