The Ultimate Miter Station

Jronman

I am designing a stationary miter station to eventually build if I am able to acquire the shop I want. It is going to be an always setup built in miter station and NOT a portable one. If you were designing an Ultimate Miter Station what would your dream setup look like? What would you consider/include or not include/avoid? If space was of no issue, how big would you go? What does the storage look like? Do you go with only drawers? Only doors? Mix the two? Something else? Upper cabinets? No upper cabinets?

Here is kinda what I have so far for my design. Each side of the saw will be a full 12 feet of support. The storage will have cabinets with trays for my Systainer storage. I can go roughly 6 Systainer cabinets wide and the trays can fit 2 Systainers deep. If I figure roughly 3 trays per cabinet that would be 36 Systainers each side. If I do all Systainer storage on both sides, I would have space for 72 Systainers. I don’t think I would have only systainer storage. I have bunch of tools and stuff outside of Systainers to organize and store. I will probably have a space for a trash can, maybe some regular drawers, and maybe some trays sized for my Tough System. I haven’t decided what all I want to include but I know for sure Systainer storage. The top of the station I was thinking about using the Woodpeckers Stealth Stop system for my solution for repeatable cuts. I am also thinking about going with laminate for the top with a hardwood trim around. I think laminate is a good option because it is reasonably durable, easy to clean, and somewhat low friction. I plan for the cabinets to have no shoe but instead I would frame up a base that can act as a shoe and act as a means to level the miter station.

In my cad drawing I have the top modeled and a Systainer cabinet mostly modeled. I don’t have much else yet.