Just bought my first power tool - a Dewalt DC720ka.

Bob the Nailer

I dont know about the DC720 exactly, but it appears to be very close to the DC759 I have.  I use my DC759 all of the time, along with the DCD970's  at the construction sites.  They are ALL good drills!

If yours has a LED work light, then the DC720 could be the replacement for the DC759.  My DC759 does not have a light at all.

I dont know about the DC720 exactly, but it appears to be very close to the DC759 I have.  I use my DC759 all of the time, along with the DCD970's  at the construction sites.  They are ALL good drills!

If yours has a LED work light, then the DC720 could be the replacement for the DC759.  My DC759 does not have a light at all.

It does look like the 759 is on it's way out.  This is another reason why I hate the UWO system dewalt uses to rate it's drills.  It makes it very hard to compare motors in the drills because it takes into account RPM and battery output.  That and nobody else uses it.  It looks like the 759 is rated at 380 UWO where the 720 is 410 UWO, but it's hard to tell if this is because it has a different motor, or if this is simply due to the 1700 rpm vs 1500 rpm on the 759.  I remember when I bought my 759 about 4 years ago, it was rated at 450 in/lbs torque. 

Archived