compound miter saw and discontinued switch

William

i have a model DW 708 sliding compound miter saw and it is little used and a good saw.  However, the trigger switch has gone bad and when i tried to order a new one i discovered that the trigger has been discontinued so i emailed DeWalt to ask for help.  below is the email and their response.

From me:

the switch has gone bad on my fairly new saw. a repacement is no longer available (part # 153609-00). surely, you are not going to tell me i have to throw away a saw for want of a switch? Can you give me some switch information and availability of compatable switches

From them:

Dear William, thank you for contacting DEWALT on-line support.

Unfortunately that part is no longer available. however if you contact your closest factory service center listed below they may have an alternative switch to recommend.

I expected something better than a punt to a local service center that "may have an alternative" particuarly, when this switch is probably the part that needs to be replaced the most on most power tools.