20v kit like the 9-tool 18v combo?

jeffsw6

Will there soon be a 20v kit like the 9-tool 18v combo kit?  I need several new tools and would like to switch to the new battery system.  The best kit for the 20v does not have what I need though.  I only have the regular 18v drill/driver right now (and 2 batteries) and I need some new tools:

circular saw

jig saw

cut out tool

1/2" impact

The 5 tool kit has several things I don't need and does not have the 1/2" impact or the jig saw.  It seems like it will be pretty expensive to buy these separately vs just staying with the older 18v style tools?

I have not heard anything about larger combo kits coming out anytime soon (that doesn't mean it won't happen). Keep in mind there are bare tools available for the 20v system. For example, you can buy the 1/2" impact kit (that comes with 2 batteries & a charger). Then you can purchase the other tools you need by themselves (without batteries and chargers) for any where between $100 - $140 dollars each. Look for free bare tool promo's and free battery promo's coming up in Q4. 

I have not heard anything about larger combo kits coming out anytime soon (that doesn't mean it won't happen). Keep in mind there are bare tools available for the 20v system. For example, you can buy the 1/2" impact kit (that comes with 2 batteries & a charger). Then you can purchase the other tools you need by themselves (without batteries and chargers) for any where between $100 - $140 dollars each. Look for free bare tool promo's and free battery promo's coming up in Q4. 

what kind of deals, when exactly and where? I have not been able to find 20v bare tools in my local stores as of yet, I am looking forward to expanding my 20 v max set I love them so far , just wishing it was easier to get bare tools,

what kind of deals, when exactly and where? I have not been able to find 20v bare tools in my local stores as of yet, I am looking forward to expanding my 20 v max set I love them so far , just wishing it was easier to get bare tools,

You can order bare tools from anywhere that sells DeWALT, even if you don't see them in stock. Just look up the model numbers of the ones you want, and either buy them online, or order them through your distributor of choice,

We wish more hardware stores would carry them. I apologize for you not being able to find them in HD or Lowes. Check out other local hardware stores and supply houses. Also, Amazon and other online retailers.

We wish more hardware stores would carry them. I apologize for you not being able to find them in HD or Lowes. Check out other local hardware stores and supply houses. Also, Amazon and other online retailers.

I can't even find the DCF889 for sale at Home Depot (online or retail) and a lot of the tools are not on amazon.com.  That factory outlet site seems to have a good selection of the 20V tools but the kits are just not useful to me.

It's very frustrating.  I just spent an hour looking up the price of each tool or kit with various included batteries, bare tool, etc. and writing them all down and I haven't got any further.  It seems my best choice is to just buy the DCD980L2 drill/driver with included 3x 3.0Ah batteries and then buy bare tools as you suggested.

It's basically $724.97 for the drill with 3 batteries, jig saw, circular saw, and the 300lbft impact driver.  Doesn't compare too well to the 9-tool combo on the older 18V tools.  Keep in mind there is no 20V cut out tool yet, too. :(

I think you need to find some local independent retailers/construction houses. These are the places that carry broader product lines for us, and typically have pretty competitive pricing.

Agreed, if you want to PM me what city you are located in I can try and find out what retailers we have in your area that would carry these products. Let me know.