Why has DeWalt never released the Dc213-xe in the US?

jevink

So we have the dc212, and I have had many of them over the years and love the drill....But WHY has dewalt NEVER released a dc213 with the chipping function in the USA??  I know they put out the 20V DCH213 which has it but I'm trying to keep it all 18 Lithium in my set.

i am not an expert but i believe is due to the fact that not all places are the same... for example, i read that in some places they cannot use nails to frame house just screws - mandatory. so just base on that alone i am guessing is it more sought after where it is released first. imo. the only place here in the usa where i have used one is to lay metal studs and hand HVAC duct works. i could have also used once of those guns (i'm not an expert in this field) that shoot concrete/masonry nails but it was easier to use the hammer drill for me.

I just got ahold of one actually. I have a dc212 and 213 now!  Same looking tool, just now have a cordless chipper option!  both made in Czech rep.  Why cant they just send both to USA when exporting and make things easy(and cheaper for me!)    Now if I can only find the dc527 area light with the lithium base I will be set.