DW7440RS Rolling Table Saw Stand Malfunction

lmelton

I’ve mounted my DW744X table saw to my DW7440RS Rolling Table Saw Stand.  I’ve checked for proper orientation (front to front, back to back) and I’ve compared my assembly with photographs of the same on the DeWalt website, as well as other sites.  I’ve confident that I’ve mounted the brackets to the bottom of my table saw properly.  I did not assemble the DW7440RS Rolling Table Saw Stand, as I purchased it already assembled from the tool shop.

When I tilt the saw to roll it, the saw (attached to the brackets) slides down the rails and comes to rest with one of the bracket legs directly over and touching the right wheel.  This prevents me from rolling the saw until I slide the saw back up the rails by hand.  A few feet later, the saw again slides down.

I’ve checked for some sort of locking device on the bracket release levers, but I’ve not found one.  The instruction manual is not very clear on this part, and nothing is mentioned about a locking mechanism other than something called a “locator clip†which I have not been able to fathom.

It seems you are missing the locator. (Part # A23867)

One end of one of the brackets will fit inside and this keeps the saw from sliding.

DeWALT has this on both the tablesaw stand and mitersawstand.

This is what it looks like

content

Seeing your stand came pre-assembled by the shop, I would check with them and if they don't have it, have them order one for you, free of charge. (Part#A23867 "Locator")

Ahhhh ... I do have that part, but I don't know if the screw part is there.  I was looking for a screw hole on the rail, and did not see that this part could fit in the channel below the rail.  Again, the instructions that came with it are sparce.

Thank you ... you save the day.

Larry