A LOOK INSIDE THE DEWALT DCB204 4.0ah LITHIUM ION BATTERY

kanxrus

I take apart mine DCB204 - it was with green cells, but i am not sure about the model... Mine is from Home Depot, coming from Dewalt DCF895-M2 kit.

What is the brand of the red cells?

Hey Bungee,

it looks like a Sanyo / Panasonic cell, if you google the No. that is printed on the cell, you will get a lot of information about the cell and the cell suppleir, I hope that helps

Cheers

Tooldevil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

my XR 20v tool has 4x terminals, 2 are negative & positive, the other 2 appear to be sensor wires (yellow/brown) (second from left & second right on battery top row) they go into the board (resin moulded) and back to the switch that powers the tool, what is sent from the battery via these two wires and how?

I plan to run Lithium Polymer batteries (with built in protection) so need to supply the correct votlage/current to these wires so the tool will operate

any help here greatly appreciated!!

• 1 year later...

I need the same information, have you find it

my XR 20v tool has 4x terminals, 2 are negative & positive, the other 2 appear to be sensor wires (yellow/brown) (second from left & second right on battery top row) they go into the board (resin moulded) and back to the switch that powers the tool, what is sent from the battery via these two wires and how?

I plan to run Lithium Polymer batteries (with built in protection) so need to supply the correct votlage/current to these wires so the tool will operate

any help here greatly appreciated!!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I was thinking about replacing the batteries with either LG-HG2 18650 batteries with a 20a discharge and 3000mAh capacity, or the Samsung 30Q 18650 batteries with basically the identical specs. (Samsung rates the 30Q as 15a, but testing shows that it handles 20a without breaking a sweat.)

Anyone see any problems with doing this? This would make the DCB204 battery sled become a 6.0ah battery instead of the 4.0 stock. Also would give it a better discharge rate so the batteries won't overheat as quickly. 

Just asking if I'm correct in my assumptions and should carry-on with my battery upgrade. 

Any and all advice is welcome. 

Not sure how their electronics are with their batteries, I would just be careful, I'm not sure how they program their tools with overload protection. So swapping cells may not benefit at all if the chips limit it to the capacity of a 4.0 battery, it's a great question though I hope that it works.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, kdobrev said:

Does somebody now know what each terminal of the battery is sending to the tool?

b- and b+ are power, th and c3 are for the tools overheat sensor c1-4 are for balance charging and im not exactly sure what id is for