new CORDLESS Multi-Tool, even brushless !!! //USA first (20V max) // FINALLY

midogrumpy

Hi !

waiting has come to an End

DCS355, brushless

Dewalt finally announced the Cordless Multi Tool !

good news : available before Xmas in USA // .... release in November 2013

if I can't upload the picture : look here

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-brushless-oscillating-multi-tool/

Courtesy Toolguyd !

Features

Brushless motor delivers “up to 57% more runtime†than standard brushed motors

Quick-Change accessory system allows for tool-free blade changes when Dewalt blades are used

Universal blade interface allows for use with other brands’ blades (hex wrench needed for blade changes)

0-20,000 OPM

Variable speed trigger

Built-in LED worklight with 20-second delay

Includes removable oscillating tool guide system for repeatable cutting depths

12.20? length

3.22 lbs weight with compact battery

Dewalt says that the new oscillating tool is ideal for trim carpenters  cabinet, flooring, and service installers, or any other professional tradesmen.

As with other oscillating tools, the new Dewalt cordless brushless multi-tool can be used to cut wood, metal, plastic, or drywall materials. With the appropriate blade or attachment it can also be used for detailed sanding, grout removal, or scraping tasks.

Dewalt DCS355D1 Cordless Brushless Multi Tool Kit

Purchase Options

The kit, DCS355D1, comes with (1) Dewalt 20V Max 2.0Ah lithium ion battery pack, a charger, kit bag, and basic accessory set. A bare-tool option is also available.

DCS355D1 kit: $199

DCS355 bare tool: $129

Both tools will be available starting in November 2013

The 29-piece accessory set includes a couple of accessories to get you started with. As with the corded oscillating tool kit, most of these accessories are sanding sheets (some are not shown).

Thank you for sharing. I like to browse over to toolguyd but he seems to be antidewalt and sounds like a hard core milwaukee fan (bias).

At any rate, I will buy this tool for sure. I own a corded one but sometimes in my trade to run a cord is too much hassle.

Just the other day I used the corded one to fix a leaky air handler AC coil.  From my experience a lot of them leak where the copper meats with steel. There is no way to braze the copper pipe because is right next to the steel frame. I used a multi tool to cut out the steel (could not find any other way) and I did ended up repairing the AC coil.

I understand that not a lot of people would be able to do this, but if I was to post a youtube video people would get it how easy it is with the right tool.

I also could have used it today having to patch ceiling sheet rock (water pipe burst) next to plastic water hoses is not easy with a drywall saw...plus it creates lost of dust due to the thickness of the saw blade. I had to use blankets to cover the floors in a wide area because sheet rock dust flies everywhere even having hack saw in one hand and a bucket to catch the dust. Not to mention how uncomfortable that is.

The multi tool blades are thin so they would create less dust and could even use the same piece being cut out to patch...i could have used it but finally...

Thanks dewalt. Can't wait.