Dewalt 3.0 Ah battery failure, got a little wet

RiderofDragon

I have a 3.0 ah battery that got caught in a light rain shower. It was already getting low so I placed it on a charger but nothing happened. No lights at all. The battery had some charge left in it so I ran it completely down and then attempted to charge it again. Nothing, no blinking lights, nothing. Are these batteries moisture sensitive? Is there anyway I can get it to charge again?

All makers batteries are sensitive to water.  That being said, do you have another battery to plug into the charger to be sure it works?  How old is the battery?  If it is within the warranty period, it would be worth a shot to try exchanging it, though water exposure does void warranty per the owners manual.  Worth a shot anyway though.

I think the slide pack design is a bit more sensitive.. I've seen the 18v basically live outside..had a friend lose some 12v batteries in one night outside...mine get a little wet sometimes when I mix thinset doing tile but haven't had any failures..Is there no moisture sticker in these like that of a cell phone?