Rain gutters, I need help

Javier

Hey guys, I need to install some gutters for my mom's place. The problem I have is with the design. I need to place the gutter on the roof that over hangs at the front door and have the down spout go down the wall on the left. I could copy the design other homes on the street have and run the down spout where the roof over hangs and meets the wall but this house has a window there. I was thinking I could go around the window and put the down spot tube next to the garage. I drew a design on the second picture. I wonder if they sell right angle attachment's to run a down spout tube horizontally and then connect to the proper down spot tube.

What do you guys think? Is the design OK or is there a better way to do it?

I have seen it done like you have mentioned, but it not the most ascetically pleasing way to do gutters plus your going to spend more money on materials. Is their a good area around the door overhang to dump the water away from the house?

Is there anything that prevents you from running it to the right of the front door to the corner of the house?

I don't think he could get the pitch to run the water down to the downspout even though you don't need too much of a pitch too move water.

Is there anything that prevents you from running it to the right of the front door to the corner of the house?

If I go right of the door the part of the roof that over hangs at the door goes up just a bit before it reaches the rest of the roof to go to the corner of the right front side of the house. Below is the picture again.

I think gravity would prevent it from going that way.

Well I went ahead and purchased all the materials last night to get started today soon. I'm going to go with the design I originally planned for. I wish I had more time to brainstorm ideas. I like your idea dr99 from that video you showed me my only thing about it is that there would still be a small portion of the roof that gets wet. Sure it's a lot less that would drip down without it but when it rains hard it would still be an issue.

Yeah big time. My mom wanted me to join the new gutter to the old one which runs from the front door to the front of the garage, part of it is visible in the picture but it's higher than the new gutter would be. No way the water could drain that way unless water travels upward against gravity to get into the garage gutter.

Terribly planned like you said and the funny thing is that most homes in the street share the same stupid over hang

Well it's all done, the left portion that runs along the garage wall with the window has rain gutters. I feel as if I mickey moused it as I would have preferred to use a down spout tube horizontally but there wasn't any right angle elbow pieces for the down spout tubes. I threw a gallon of water on the roof to test it out and it diverts the water perfectly.

No worries, I just wish I had more time to brainstorm, I was visiting for the weekend and this project gets dumped on me last minute.

I wish I could have found right angle elbow pieces for the downspout tubes so I could have designed it my way but Oh well. All I could find was retarded looking accordian bending tubes that you could position at any angle.

• 2 weeks later...