A Little Set I Put Together

Conductor562

I've been putting together a little set to travel with my Kubota. Nothing spectacular or awe inspiring, just a basic collection of stuff to facilitate field adjustments and repairs of the tractor and implements.

I went through the tractor and all the accessories and determined what all sized I needed, what required a wrench, what required a socket, and what required both. The tractor was actually really simple. 2 sockets and 3 wrenches pretty much covered everything from tire changes and steering adjustments, to the mower deck and hitch. Kudos to Kubota for simicity.

The implements required a few more sizes just about everything on the tiller needs a wrench and socket simultaneously.

I bought the box, ratchet, extension, and the 3 largest wrenches. Everything else was sourced from existing stock. I certainly had enough stuff to build the whole set without buying anything, but I'd have had to bust up sets to do it and didn't want to go that route. I chose USA Craftsman for most items. It's affordable and makes a fine "field grade" set.

Not pictured is a ball pein hammer, a tire plug set, and an assortment pins and such. Everything is USA made with the exception of the box (Mexico ).

post-515-0-54019900-1396239634_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-93309600-1396239673_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-58930300-1396239717_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-13557300-1396239750_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-74734600-1396239777_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's the way to do it Conducter! Think ahead so you have the tools you need to get the repair done if needed. I do a similar thing with certain trades. I have a plumbing box, electrical box and automotive trouble shooting box. I also setup a range bag for any firearms repairs I may need to do while out shooting.