Did the fist oil change on the Chevy Cruize. It's only a lease so I wanted a cheap and easy solution.

DR99

I did it the easy way by using one of those vacuum extractors for the oil. I just didn't want to deal with crawling under the car plus this car uses a cartridge filter that you just have to replace no metal oil filter to spin off in a weird spot this was super easy to get to on the Cruse The only thing that made the job difficult was the weather it was in the 50's but the wind was kicking at 30 mph. I usually just pay a shop to change the oil but when they wanted 40 bucks for a semi synthetic oil change I just flipped I was able to get the 15000 mile Mobile One Oil, and filter and it cost only 10 bucks more not counting the rebate I will get. I'm all about a once a year oil change we don't pile on millage with our cars. If you just went by mileage I bet I could eek out 20k and not have to change the oil again on the lease if I was that cheap. I figure once a year is good enough. I will say the vacuum sucker worked awesome no mess really and didn't have to haul out ramps or a jack and stands. The only thing is the shitty weather has made my cold feel worse I have been working through it a little too hard.

I have a chevy cruze too. It was my first new car purchase and I am only $500 more dollars and I own it free and clear. Figure I would drive it through college. It is not a bad car, not the greatest. I do find myself lusting over a Ram 1500 regular cab.

I did replace the oil filter its only 8 bucks and I was putting 40 dollars worth of oil in. I was just saying it was different that most cars I have had before with spin on oil filters. People over change their oil anyways people still do 3k oil changes unless your using some horrible cheap dino oil its just not worth the cost.

Our local Auto Parts store is so damn high I can have it changed cheaper than I do it myself.

Costco or Walmart is usually the best place to get Mobile one. Mobile guarantees this motor oil for 15,000 miles or one year, We don't drive many miles, so it will save some cash long term. This is a pretty interesting article http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/stop-changing-your-oil.html. It says gm computes oil life to driving conditions, but all of the gm vehicles I have had the oil change light comes on at 5k miles. I liked the idea of sucking the oil out through the dipstick, and it did get all of the oil out I compared what you needed to add to what was sucked out and it was equal for the most part. I just don't like being under a car with a jack and jack stands I start to get claustrophobic.