Port a band recommendations

NC-Fordguy

Hey Folks,

I went to the local steel re-seller to pick up some c channel and angle for a project.

The guy cut of some 2x4 c channel for me using a Milwaukee brand port a band.  I couldn't see the model number but this thing was the bomb.  I decided I need a port a band.

Now question is what brand/ model do I want?

Rather than start a this brand is better than that brand flame war, what are you guys using, how do you like it and what are you cutting with it?

I'm out on a job site today and don't have the model number but I have had the same Milwaukee deep cut Porto band for 15 years or longer and it just takes a beating and keeps on going. Only thing I've had to do is replace the blade every now and again. Three guys use it multiple times a week. We cut all kinds of stuff with from demo to fabrication. Angle iron, strut, pipe flat stock etc.

• Like 2

I'm out on a job site today and don't have the model number but I have had the same Milwaukee deep cut Porto band for 15 years or longer and it just takes a beating and keeps on going. Only thing I've had to do is replace the blade every now and again. Three guys use it multiple times a week. We cut all kinds of stuff with from demo to fabrication. Angle iron, strut, pipe flat stock etc.

I think the deep cut Milwaukee has the largest cut capacity out of all the portable band saws.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest syrplumber

I have a dewalt corded that I think is great my shop has burnt up a bunch of the new milwaukee ones the older ones where way better so with that said I vote for the dewalt one

• 2 months later...