Sweet Snap On Garden Nozzel

DR99

Saw this somewhere else and had to post it here. I think Snap On is getting to the point there they will just put their name on anything. If I was another truck tool company I would totally using that kinda crap as ammunition in my marketing. Buy Mac/proto/ect brand for real work tools not Snap On that sells at some big box store.

They are just cashing in on the Snap On brand too hard. The Snap on exclusivity was a big deal at one point, and it still is you can't get the real tools easy, but they put all this consumer crap out. I get people like items to show off their love of a brand but I think Snap on has went a little too far. If I was the CEO I would consider doing it but it could only be super high quality products it would also be more limited at the same time also. It's going to bite them in the ass later on

They knife set was likely a promo item given out by a dealer.

As for the cheap shit like socks, water nozzles, and $20 flashlights, it's just exactly what you say. Whoring their name out.

I don't care for Snap-On tools. They are great quality, but they aren't worth their price IMO. In all of the hundreds of tools I have there are exactly 2 Snap-On's. A 1/4" Breaker Bar I won in a giveaway and a T55 bit socket, that's it.

I mean, if you want to pay twice as much for the same level of performance and quality be my guest, but I'll pass.

There are a lot of tools in which Snap-On makes the best available, but most times it is not so much nicer than the next in line that it justifies it's price.

You're paying for the name, period. You can go to Sears and get a 48 piece threat chaser set OEM'd by Kastar-Lang for around $60, it you can get the EXACT SAME SET also OEM'd by Kastar-Lang for $160. That's just one of many examples.

It happens all the time look at some of the old American electronic company names like RCA and Westinghouse they pump out garbage consumer electronics. I think they rely on the fact old people remember them as quality items.