OZ Tool Talk: Dewalt 5Ah battery & DCD995 Brushless Drill

dwain

I hope Milwaukee on the next M18 Fuel drill updates either decides to add 3 or 4 speeds like some drills now have. Would it be better for Milwaukee to offer two different M18 like Dewalt has a heavy duty high feature drill, and then offer a compact drill with not as much power but still pretty kick ass like the DCD 795. It's an interesting though because I bet we will see updated Fuel drills at the 2015 new product event or possibly sooner. I'm sure Milwaukee doesn't like the fact that Makita has the crown for the most powerful drill right now, and the DCD 995 beats the Milwaukee in wood performace, but on the opposite the Dewalt gets absolutely spanked on the Masonry test Javier did. The power tool industry moves much faster than it used to. I'm kinda surprised Dewalt hasn't really announced anything new in awhile they didn't have any sort of media even so far this year.

Great review, guys! So what's your opinion between the 995 and 985? Ever since I did the makita vid I appreciate the middle speed on the 995.

Do you know how much the 5.0 batteries take to charge?

Thanks Javier. My 985 is on its last legs so couldn't do a really good comparison. But I think the 995 has all the advantages of the 985 and none of the cons. Ripper drill, and middle speed is awesome, though I wonder if something more like 1000-1100RPM would be more versatile.