DeWALT 20V compact reciprocating saw

Javier

I was able to get my hands on the new Dewalt 20V compact reciprocating saw. 

Notable features include the drop motor style making it more compact at only 14.5 inches in length and it uses their 4 position keyless blade system where you can place a blade horizontally near the edge which gives it the ability to make flush cuts easy. This isn't new to dewalt since a bunch of their other compact corded recip saws have it along with the previous inline cordless 20v recip saw but its a great feature and first time I've tried it out.

I got the kit with the 3 amp battery and awesome Dewalt tough case. Inside comes with a tool liner sort of what Bosch does with their l-boxx's. One thing thats interesting is that the picture for this kit shows one of the new compact chargers but yet this kit includes the full size fast charger DCB101.

• Like 1

Great job making this video..

It's fun to see that there are still make set with 3 ah batteries ... In Denmark we have a very hard time selling 3 ah after 4 and 5 ah batterier has arrived..it is the same with drills with brush is almost impossible to sell... Don't even get me started on NiCd/NiMH batterier..

• Like 1

thanks guys, @ Chad I agree- the tough cases as the tool case is an awesome idea as the tough cases rock.

@ KWC it is great they give you the option to choose, you can still go with the 5.0 battery kit but its more $$$ and only a basic tool bag but the real value is the kit shown as even though it comes with a 3.0 battery you still save $$$ and get the tough case. 3.0 batteries are still a good size gas tank, most people have 1.5 and 3.0 batteries. I don't think too many people have 4.0 and up only us crazy tool people

thanks guys, @ Chad I agree- the tough cases as the tool case is an awesome idea as the tough cases rock.

@ KWC it is great they give you the option to choose, you can still go with the 5.0 battery kit but its more $$$ and only a basic tool bag but the real value is the kit shown as even though it comes with a 3.0 battery you still save $$$ and get the tough case. 3.0 batteries are still a good size gas tank, most people have 1.5 and 3.0 batteries. I don't think too many people have 4.0 and up only us crazy tool people

Saw is not launched in Denmark yet, but we normal sell add on tools as bare units .. it is extremely rare we sell them as a set with batteries

Hey Javier does this suck down the batteries like the jigsaw does. I swear I just put in a battery and bam it's low again. And these batteries are less then a year old. The jig saw just seems to suck the juice.

I didn't do extensive runtime tests but I did 21 cuts in various materials. I started with a 4.0 battery with 2 out of 3 bars on the fuel gauge and after all the cuts were done it still showed 2 out of 3 bars. Thats pretty good in my opinion

Maybe dewalt pays attention to these post and will realize there's a market for bare tools in tough cases. We can only hope.

that would be great if they sold baretools with toughcases and tool liners like the one included with this kit or even if you could buy the tool liners themselves for specific models