Makita kit options?

BIGBEARJT

Im about to jump on a makita kit at toolnut, for the new everthing, new 4.0ah batteries in the kit, new XPH07Z hammer drill, and the free 36v tool of course. 

now the 2 kits im stuck between is the XT252M and the XT257M, only difference i see is the impact driver included in each kit, which would you say has the better impact, the XDT08Z or XDT01Z? 

While there is VERY little difference between the 2, and both are brushless, I'd go with the XDT01Z. It's a hair lighter, shorter, faster, more powerful, has more IPM's and is a 3 speed compared to the single speed XDT08Z.

There's no question in my mind the XDT01Z is the superior of the two.

• Like 1

Here is the comparison:

XDT01Z:

No Load Speed (3 speed) 0 - 1,300 / 0 - 2,000 / 0 - 2,600 RPM

Impacts Per Minute (3 speed) 0 - 1,300 / 0 - 2,800 / 0 - 3,400 IPM

Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) 1,460 in.lbs./165N•m

Overall Length 5-1/2"

Net Weight 3.3 lbs.

XDT08Z:

No Load Speed (variable speed) 0 - 2,500 RPM

Impacts Per Minute (variable speed) 0 - 3,200 IPM

Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) 1,420 in.lbs./160N•m

Overall Length 5-7/8"

Net Weight 3.4 lbs.

Sounds like a plan, all the impacts I've used were always one speed, gotta try the 3 speed option, I'm definitely getting the rotary hammer, maybe get the circular saw in the future, my current lxt 6 1/2 saw gets me by, but interested in the brushless one when its released.

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan, all the impacts I've used were always one speed, gotta try the 3 speed option, I'm definitely getting the rotary hammer, maybe get the circular saw in the future, my current lxt 6 1/2 saw gets me by, but interested in the brushless one when its released.

Smart man!

The XDT01Z   ( Europe:  DTD147 / BTD147 )  Is a superior impact.    A little bit more torque and speed. 3 settings is something you will start appreciating when you use it.

It's alot more compact. 

And probably more important:  On the inside it has a better impact mechanism.  The XDT08 uses a cheaper impact mechanism also found in the Makita MacTec Line ( which is the cheaper DIY offshoot in some countries ).

Go for the XDT01Z and you'll have one of the best impacts on the market at the moment in my opinion.

cool, i just purchased the kit, waiting anxiously,  ive yet to pull away from makita for the simple fact is the LXT system is proven platform and makita is only getting better at it, ive used all the major professional brands, none have the track record that makita has, ive only recently wanted to upgraded not because my current tools are no longer useful, they are beat to hell but still work flawlessly, i just wanted the latest tech that performs better with some fresh new 4.0 ah batteries and will last another 1000 rounds in hell.