No Black Friday Deals For Me

Samuel L.

So my bike has been getting bad for the past 3 months and finally needs replacement, it dose work but It needs more money in parts then what its worth so I went and spent 650$ on a new bicycle witch takes out my plans for black Friday shopping.

My reasons are well right now there are 4 inches of snow outside and more is falling, so the bike I bought had to take care of that problem, I haven't picked it up yet from the bike shop but I think it will do its intended purpose the bike is a Surface 604 a 6 speed with 22" rims and 4 inch tires that have an outer diameter of 26" it normally costs 1100$ but I found a sale on them for 650$ so I jumped at the opportunity. They sell another version of the bike with a 700 peak Watts (Almost one horsepower) brushless motor contained in the hub so If I want I can order the parts and make it electric, but they want 500$ for the 10 Ah 36 volt Lithium ion battery so that might be replaced by some power tool battery packs, so might spend 400$ on that in the future. This is what it looks like.

24445151_main_zoom.jpeg

Also it gets better today I got a job working part time after school at a tool retailer and after I work there for 3 months i get the employ discount of everything at cost.

Here is a list of brands they sell;

• Dewalt
  • Milwaukee
  • Bosch
  • Makita
  • Hitachi
  • Frestool 
  • General
  • Saw Stop
  • Miller
  • Lincoln
  • Ingersoll Rand 
  • Freud
  • Irwin
  • Rolair
  • King Canada

And the list goes on and on, so why spend money on tools now when I can get them at cost in 3 months.

There weren't any deals that screamed by me this black friday I mostly got some hand tools and consumables this year. Other than that it was pretty lame the problem is once you have a kit and enough batteries you really don't want to buy more of them.

That's a nice bike Sam, but yea you could probably work out something with tool battery packs and save some money. I will say 36v at 10ah isn't any joke either that's a lot of battery cells.

you guys have black friday we have boxing day....neither of which have been all that great for sales unless you get 1 of the 3 things they slash prices on .........

some of our stores are starting to get on the bandwagon but truth be told the sales are lame at best.......sure 10% or 20% off here and there but no reason to get up and rush around at 6 AM

Once you get a good setup of tools its not that great. Miwaukee runs the buy a kit get a free battery promotion all the time. And the 2 pack battery pack deals were decent but not amazing to sit outside in the freezing weather we have in Michigan today. I just got mostly consumables. The only tool I bought was the Makita Hammer drill for 99 but that was more for the batteries cause I have that cordless sander from Makita I got on clearance super cheap, So I can finally use that.

Woodcraft has an awesome sale on Jet Bar Clamps right now as does Rockler and International Tool.

Also....good food you Samuel, those are cool bikes. I just sold my 12 year old KHS free ride yesterday for 200. I got a road bike this past year and will get another mountain bike but will probably go with a rigid rear end for weight savings not to mention I'm not planning on screaming like wheeled fury down any slopes anymore. Strictly cross country hard pack. This fat boys are awesome bikes, I saw one on History Channel where the guy lives in Alaska and was having a shotgun mount manufactured for the bike when he's out swamping.

you guys have black friday we have boxing day....neither of which have been all that great for sales unless you get 1 of the 3 things they slash prices on .........

some of our stores are starting to get on the bandwagon but truth be told the sales are lame at best.......sure 10% or 20% off here and there but no reason to get up and rush around at 6 AM

That is true comp Black Friday does suck up here in Canada. And who would want to sit in the -20 Celsius (-5 Fahrenheit) and the snow that's falling because that's what outside looks like right now where I live.

I never saw the need to go wait out in the cold and get tackled like a football player, just to save so cash. A lot of the deals are online if u look and are patient. I sat in front of the keyboard and refreshed the screen for hours. I snagged an awesome deal on the ps4 with a couple of free games.

The best deal I got today was a deal I made with the Red team I bought the m12 drill and impact with a free extra battery for $99 bucks other than that everything else u got is ok I also bought the ryobi blower for $69 bucks which I don't think is bad I'm gonna try it out later in the garage.

I actually went into the store and got clearance stuff the HD by me had a bunch of husky air compressors on clearance. They had the bosch axial glide too. If I knew ahead of time I would have sold my Bosch slider for 350-400 and got the axial I had the difference in gift cards. I like how it can sit against a wall.

So my bike has been getting bad for the past 3 months and finally needs replacement, it dose work but It needs more money in parts then what its worth so I went and spent 650$ on a new bicycle witch takes out my plans for black Friday shopping.

My reasons are well right now there are 4 inches of snow outside and more is falling, so the bike I bought had to take care of that problem, I haven't picked it up yet from the bike shop but I think it will do its intended purpose the bike is a Surface 604 a 6 speed with 22" rims and 4 inch tires that have an outer diameter of 26" it normally costs 1100$ but I found a sale on them for 650$ so I jumped at the opportunity. They sell another version of the bike with a 700 peak Watts (Almost one horsepower) brushless motor contained in the hub so If I want I can order the parts and make it electric, but they want 500$ for the 10 Ah 36 volt Lithium ion battery so that might be replaced by some power tool battery packs, so might spend 400$ on that in the future. This is what it looks like.

24445151_main_zoom.jpeg

Also it gets better today I got a job working part time after school at a tool retailer and after I work there for 3 months i get the employ discount of everything at cost.

Here is a list of brands they sell;

• Dewalt
  • Milwaukee
  • Bosch
  • Makita
  • Hitachi
  • Frestool
  • General
  • Saw Stop
  • Miller
  • Lincoln
  • Ingersoll Rand
  • Freud
  • Irwin
  • Rolair
  • King Canada
And the list goes on and on, so why spend money on tools now when I can get them at cost in 3 months.
The fat tire bikes are amazing in snow! What is the weight for that bike 30lbs?

Woodcraft has an awesome sale on Jet Bar Clamps right now as does Rockler and International Tool.

Khs makes a nice bike, what kind of road bike did you get?

Also....good food you Samuel, those are cool bikes. I just sold my 12 year old KHS free ride yesterday for 200. I got a road bike this past year and will get another mountain bike but will probably go with a rigid rear end for weight savings not to mention I'm not planning on screaming like wheeled fury down any slopes anymore. Strictly cross country hard pack. This fat boys are awesome bikes, I saw one on History Channel where the guy lives in Alaska and was having a shotgun mount manufactured for the bike when he's out swamping.

Yup that's the exact weight but if you add on the electric drive system it doubles.

Honestly the electric drive is a wast of money Unless it it's your only means of transportation and you travel long distances.after winter passes you might want to look into a cyclecross bike...a Lot less rolling resistance but still rugged.

Honestly the electric drive is a wast of money Unless it it's your only means of transportation and you travel long distances.after winter passes you might want to look into a cyclecross bike...a Lot less rolling resistance but still rugged.

Well it is my only means of transportation and sometimes I bike 25 kilometers a day, so for me it might be a good future investment.

• Like 1

Art that distance it's not wast, what about using a small gas engine, cheaper, longer range, and faster.

Personally I don't like the look of a gas engine sitting in the frame because they don't look so crisp and where I live they are really cracking down of modified gas powered bicycles you cant buy the kits anywhere.