What tools for Christmas?

Conductor562

So, what tools are you guys hoping to find under the tree?

I took advantage of cyber monday @ Zoro and I now have the Fuel grinder and the Fuel 7-1/4" circ saw in-route :)

You will like both tools I don't think that I have used my corded saw since I got mine and I use my grinder to back cut my crown molding that thing is sweet.

You will like both tools I don't think that I have used my corded saw since I got mine and I use my grinder to back cut my crown molding that thing is sweet.

These were the last 2 handheld tools I did have a cordless version of, and every time I use them I find myself bitching about the cord.

I've held off on going cordless on these two because I wasn't convinced a cordless version would be adequately powered, but the fuel versions seem to be up to par, so I decided to make the jump.

• Like 1

@Bk13 i wanted the aluminum 2 ton. Still havnt picked one up yet.. I think they are 120$ish

The aluminum jacks are kinda cool, but the light weight is really of no benefit to how I use them. I needed the extra lifting capacity and $100 in my pocket more than portability. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I might have gone a little nuts...

I had a thread in the Makita section about a cheap 18 volt drill... well, I hate myself for getting into another charging system, but...

DSC_2598_zps6b5052e0.jpg

DSC_2595_zps5f93676d.jpg

Of course, right after I bought it, a friend returned the M18 that I kinda-sorta forgot about...

DSC_2603_zps3c0f01ef.jpg

Just what I need, two cheap 18v drills. At least the green one is a hammerdrill...

But that allowed me to buy this:

DSC_2592_zps99b7841c.jpg

DSC_2594_zps23ab9b41.jpg

Love me some Fuel.... 2654-20 3/8" impact wrench. Thought I was grabbing a 1/2". Oops, I guess I'll need to but another tool. Dang.

Then, I had to do a little work on the GF's Volvo. And of course, my tools were all across town. I needed a T25 Torx at 5:00 on a Sunday, so I ended up buying a couple of Milwaukee drivers and some Torx bits. One of them is my first ratcheting screwdriver. And some trim removal tools from HF.

DSC_2604_zpsa46a3399.jpg

More Team Red love:

DSC_2606_zps12e0c6b1.jpg

Team Blue love:

DSC_2607_zps6bceeeaa.jpg

DSC_2608_zps389e2a69.jpg

I really need to stop just wandering around Lowes. Impulse buys kill me.

More Team Green love:

DSC_2609_zps1ec96c53.jpg

DSC_2610_zpsaf95701f.jpg

A word of warning: a set of 3/8" impacts with free 1/4" impacts for $20 seems like a good deal, but WhoTF decided it was a good idea to skip putting size markings on them?

A little HF love:

DSC_2611_zps0ae618c5.jpg

With some older buys:

DSC_2616_zpsaf541fdd.jpg

Some pliers:

DSC_2618_zps323e4fbe.jpg

Channellock oil filter pliers and Craftsman/WF duckbills.

Aaaaahh..The smell of new tools and breaking open the packaging, especially that stubborn Milwaukee packaging..nice bro

Actually, I have a pair of the (free! w/ coupon) HF scissors that work very well on Milwaukee clamshell packaging.

I zero tolerance emerson with carbon fiber:) my wife knows.. Hope she gets it.lol

Thats a nice looking knife. 

I have always carried a knife, at work a Leatherman Surge and everywhere else a Gerber paraframe, I never put much thought into my EDC knife but just recently decided i should up my game.   

I put two knives on my xmas list and thinking im gonna get them both    the Kershaw Skyline with damascus blade for nicer occasions and the Kershaw Cryo II Tanto blackwash for everything else. 

do you have any thoughts on these?  

Nah, if I would have been smart, I would have just gone with more, different M18 tools rather than a little of this, a little of that. I'm not complaining about my M12 stuff at all, but one platform would have been a smarter plan.

Thats a nice looking knife.

I have always carried a knife, at work a Leatherman Surge and everywhere else a Gerber paraframe, I never put much thought into my EDC knife but just recently decided i should up my game.

I put two knives on my xmas list and thinking im gonna get them both the Kershaw Skyline with damascus blade for nicer occasions and the Kershaw Cryo II Tanto blackwash for everything else.

do you have any thoughts on these?

The skykine is awesome, i actually recommended it to my buddies girlfriend to get him for xmas. The other looks to be one of there chinese lower end knives... Most kershaws undet 35$ are made in china, zero tolerance is the premium sister brand.

Yeah. I was aware that the cryo was Chinese made however it has good reviews and I intend to be a little harder on that one so for now it will do just fine, I guess I would have preferred spending a few more bucks on US made. I like the size, design and the deep-carry pocket clip

good to hear that the skyline is a good choice.

I'm sure these two will just be the start of a new obsession!