Tap & Die.... Case?

RickyMcGrath

I broke down and bought the DeWalt Tap & Die sets a few weeks ago. I've used them a few times and they're not much different than any other. The problem I see in the not so distant future is storage. I Carefully cut open the plastic so I could reuse them but I need a better solution. Nicely laid out and organized. Any ideas?

I didn't even know Dewalt made tap and die sets. Hrmm, The only thing i can think of is a small case that drill bits come in and foam with cut outs for all the pieces. That's the only solution I see as being practical its kinda crappy that Dewalt didn't ship it with a case.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't go putting those new taps into foam. You won't ruin them but you will be picking out foam bits from the sharp edges constantly. I know that y'all have a collection of tools, including routers. You could make a wooden case pretty easily. The machine shop that I used to work in used individual tool cases that were then nestled into foam. I prefer Kaizen foam and the DeWalt Tough System DS150 to keep moisture away from those bare steel tools.

• Like 1