EZSmart Track System

ChrisK

Thanks Chad. I think Regopit mentioned something about this guy some time ago but for $169 that's a heck of a good deal. You get the clamp mechanism and the 54" track. Everything you need to cut. Throw it on a Milwaukee Fuel, Dewalt, corded, cordless and you have super straight cuts. Plus you can add tracks. For my TS55 I have three 55" rails with a set of connectors. Can cut full length set goods straight and finish quality smooth edges. This kit is USA made too!

Interesting I will say. Looks like you need a dedicated circular saw though with that setup and it does not do plunge cuts like other tracksaws[/quote

No dedicated saw DR, this guy clamps to the saw base quick and easy and when done just take it off! Or buy a second saw and keep it on but you could have this and your regular circular saw

• Like 1

the wood track set up will work but you still have side to side movement and if your anything like me ...take your eye off the saw for 1 second and bingo no more straight cut...

of course there are factors you have to deal with....clamp it down and it wont move; i never take my eyes off when i use a saw :P

but its everyones own call if he wanna spend 600 dollar or so on a full plunge cut track saw; 169 dollar for a track kit or zero dollar to build a wood track out of left over / scrap material

• Like 1

of course there are factors you have to deal with....clamp it down and it wont move; i never take my eyes off when i use a saw :P

but its everyones own call if he wanna spend 600 dollar or so on a full plunge cut track saw; 169 dollar for a track kit or zero dollar to build a wood track out of left over / scrap material

What everyone is saying is true. I have used just about anything you could use for a straight edge. But for me the track saw is the way to go. You can not beat the dust extraction. It lets you lets set up in the customer's house and not run outside to make your cuts. It also makes clean up a snap.  

What everyone is saying is true. I have used just about anything you could use for a straight edge. But for me the track saw is the way to go. You can not beat the dust extraction. It lets you lets set up in the customer's house and not run outside to make your cuts. It also makes clean up a snap.  

so just because of the track saw/kit the dust extraction is better than when you use a straight edge?

i have pretty darn good dust extraction with my circular saw + dust chute and shop vac. its quick to set up too :P

or are you talking about the plunge track saw ??!!??

so just because of the track saw/kit the dust extraction is better than when you use a straight edge?

i have pretty darn good dust extraction with my circular saw + dust chute and shop vac. its quick to set up too :P

or are you talking about the plunge track saw ??!!??

The plunge saw

that's just it i wish I was a contractor some times to justify these high priced tools I'm buying.....every hobby has it's price.....