Right angle drill

FrosBros82

im a little late to this party but ill make my comments anyway.. 

I have the M12 right angle drill and it unfortunately is one of my least favorite M12 tools...   I dont want to say it is a bad tool, and to be honest after watching that old TIA review of the M18 i may have been using it with no regards to the clutch setting which explains some of my frustrations with it. 

I really dont like the trigger for driving screws.. for drilling small holes it is fine but it has some sort of a soft start which makes feathering the screw into its final resting place difficult.. it takes a second for the drill to come u to speed and have full power..

Ive really always thought that it was very underpowered and had way to sensitive of overload protection but that could have been my inability to adjust the electronic clutch correctly...

i mostly grab my Milwaukee right angle adapter, its cheaper, more compact and so small that you have no reason not to just throw it in with your normal drill and always have it with you.    I have been through a few of them, the milescraft, which looks a lot like the dewalt to me, and also the chrome milwaukee one Madman posted.. i wasnt happy with either of those and ended up with the more expensive milwaukee model   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-49-22-8510-Heavy-Duty-Compact-Right-Angle-Drill-Attachment-Kit-/370994343280

this one works like a charm and is as solid as a rock!!  its built really well 

post-49019-0-75270600-1427693573_thumb.jpost-49019-0-39693100-1427693574_thumb.j

how do you get the bit in and out?

The bit holder is a hex socket with a magnet in the bottom. You just push a bit in and it sticks - no elaborate lock. The only problem is if you put a short bit (1") in to, you have to push it out from the back using a small diameter dill bit or nail - there's a hole in the back of the head that lets you remove stubborn bits that you can't grip from the front.

The m12 and m18 are pretty much the same thing unless you wanna get into the m18 hole hawg which is totally bad ass. I've also heard rumors of milwaukee releasing a m18 super hole hawg this year which would be epic. I currently have the m12 right angle drill and it's ok very task specific

The m12 and m18 are pretty much the same thing unless you wanna get into the m18 hole hawg which is totally bad ass. I've also heard rumors of milwaukee releasing a m18 super hole hawg this year which would be epic. I currently have the m12 right angle drill and it's ok very task specific

They said that they were releasing a plumbers hole hash this year. I believe it will be the same but beefed up and have two speeds like a regular drill.