Dewalt 20v drywall gun, has anyone used one yet?

PaulE

Have any professional's used the cordless 20v drywall gun? I read somewhere they claim 58 boards on 1- 4.0 battery. If it is half that I will be more then happy. I have a bunch of large projects where we will be installing large qty of drywall In house,and feel it is time to get one of these.

I will be buying one or two in the next two weeks. Trying to find a deal on a 4.0 or 5.0 kit. I need some more batteries and another charger would be nice.

When I played with one at HD it had the typical comfortable 20v grip. I did find that the long belt clip was hitting my fingers, but I will adjust once using it in the field.

We have the DCF620D2 (2.0Ah Batteries) & DCF620M2 (4.0Ah Batteries). There is no 5.0 Ah kit. I am going to avoid talking about cost, to avoid getting in trouble with any distributors.  

We do make a couple combo kits with the screw gun - DCK262M2 (4.0ah) & DCK261D2 (2.0ah) kits have the screw gun and impact driver. DCK263D2 (2.0Ah) has the screw gun and the drywall cut out tool. 

We have the DCF620D2 (2.0Ah Batteries) & DCF620M2 (4.0Ah Batteries). There is no 5.0 Ah kit. I am going to avoid talking about cost, to avoid getting in trouble with any distributors.

We do make a couple combo kits with the screw gun - DCK262M2 (4.0ah) & DCK261D2 (2.0ah) kits have the screw gun and impact driver. DCK263D2 (2.0Ah) has the screw gun and the drywall cut out tool.

In Europe we sell the 5.0ah version..

If you get this gun you have to get the collated attachment. Like Ricky McGrath I used the 2.0 batteries it makes it much easier to use. I can hang about 18 to 22 sheets per battery. With the collated attachment you can really move.

Thanks for the responses

18-22 sheets off a 2.0ah battery is great.

Looks like the best deal is to buy the bare tool and 2-5.0ah batteries. About $275 total

I would love the extra charger and bag though.

Hi all new here. I am using the new drywall gun for about a month now and can say its crazy good. Using the 2 ah batteries for weight

And balance and getting 20+ sheets per charge plus the 2 ah batteries charge so fast. Almost no jams and the speed is unbelievably. The poor makita corded version lost its place in the van...just ordered a second plus I think dewalt owe me commission as all my buddies want one or already got one.

• Like 2