Oscillating Multi Tool Uses

roadhog96

Plunge cutting into a solid material. I've plunged into solid hardwood floors, 2x4 material and trim boards to slide counters or whatever else you may have into. Making notches for mating pieces, sanding, rasping grout out between tiles.....I've got the Bosch MXH (Thanks Dan and Eric!). 18v cordless and very powerful brushless motor. Really handy tool to have.

with a few different blades, the uses are endless.....it is not a tool I use everyday but it has saved the day many many times....I thought the same way as you did before I got mine ....and I'm sure glad I did......

There are blades for pretty much anything you can think of. They may not be DeWalt blades, but with the dual attachment head, you can use any multi tool accessory ANYONE makes. I've used Bosch, Dremel, Rockwell and whatever else.

Dremel makes razor knives for cutting carpet and other thin sheet goods. They also have a scroll saw style kit that has fine cable cutters for precision cutouts.

If you get one, you'll be looking for reasons to use it.

i have a corded fein multimaster that i use often when installing cabinets. usually for plunge cutting holes for outlets. They are also great for cutting jams if you are installing flooring. They are handy, but most cutting applications you can use a jig saw or a sawzall. It is easier to control but tends to burn wood or mdf.