New 20V Right Angle Drill in the House for How Long???

roadhog96

If you own one and have used one what do you think about this drill. I've always wanted one but always managed to come up with a way to get into those tight spots and get the job done without one. Well I have one now but honestly I'm not impressed with the way this drill feels in the hand. The hand grip feels nothing like the new ergonomic designed 20V tools. It's way to wide in the hand grip and lower trigger area. I've recently picked up the 12V drill and impact driver kit, 20V Brushless Compact drill and Impact Driver kit and the Oscilating Multi Tool kit and they all feel about the same when you grab them. This right angle drill feels nothing like the other tools. It is not ergonomically designed IMO. DeWALT blew it on this tool. I'm honestly thinking about returning it for that reason alone. Probably regret it next time I need one but for what this cost it should look and feel like the rest of the new designed tools. The rest of the features are really good. Maybe I'll change my mind seeing how it's only an occasionally used tool but I honestly don't like holding it. I think DeWALT should come out with a Brushless version and redesign it like the rest, I'd buy it for sure.

I don't know if they will come out with a brushless version any time soon. I think its not a huge seller for Dewalt, so they have little interest in updating it. They sell right angle adapters but they can be bulky and weird to use.

I've got the Festool CXS and T18 drills and both have right angle attachments. It's nice as its a traditional drill with a fully rotational right angle attachments so you can move the right angle to any angle for drilling. The T18 is brushless. Regardless big $$$ but I think if I grabbed a tradional right angle I'd be none too happy with the grip either.

I retract my last statement, I finally used it this weekend and I know what you mean as the handle is fatter than the normal 20v's, I am assuming this is for the paddle trigger. But I used it to do some electrical and it drilled through the wood effortlessly, and I got it on sale for ~$80 so it will serve me well at that price as I'll have a lot more tight holes to drill.