just a thought...

chewie17

has anyone else been wondering if Milwaukee will revamp their M12 line fuel? maybe give their drill/driver say 725 in/lbs torque with the 1800 rpm? and their impact with the 1600 or better in/lbs of torque? maybe its a little much to ask in a "compact" low volt line up but boy would it sure save space lol.

im excited about the new releases in the M18 line up however I got caught with just purchasing their M18 fuel in December so im really not sure why I would bother buying the second gen so soon, maybe if they focus on M12 for next year I can justify that purchase...

lets hear the thoughts guys!

It's already 1200 in/lbs from a 12v. Some low end 18v aren't even 1200

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

oh I know its got high end torque for a 12v but did the M18 need the 1800 in/lbs? I haven't had any issue where the impact needed more torque. but low and behold they made more torque lol.

I have the ridgid 12v and I bought them mostly for the price and the extra batteries for my jobmax, the ridgid has 1100 and I used it today and felt it lacked power... (probably because I have the M18 fuel) but in any case I would rather keep the same brand if I know they are working on redoing the M12 I wont "waste" my money yet.. the 12v line is what I want for "around the house" work but id like it to feel like a good 18v for the small jobs.

maybe im just being picky?

I don't know there isn't as much competition in the 12v space compared to 18v tools. I'm sure the m12 stuff will be updated eventually but I' not expecting anything till the end of 2016.

yeah that's fair, I know its not as competitive however it would be nice to see them update it again with the gen 2 stuff, they would obliterate everyone else at that point and own the 12v market. I know a lot of electricians prefer the m12 over m18 because of weight size and the amount of use they get. as a home reno guy sometimes theres a big job so I leave a tool there for the week but I go for a side job and id like to have a decent backup other than my 18v bosch... (they've seen way better days before they got passed on to me) just thought if they wanted to update this year is the year to work on it so they could release it early 2016 or something and have time to kick back and work on other tools or bringing fuel into other tools you know?

that's what id try to do if I were them

I don't know there isn't as much competition in the 12v space compared to 18v tools. I'm sure the m12 stuff will be updated eventually but I' not expecting anything till the end of 2016.

This pretty much sums it up. Milwaukee is so far ahead of the competition in the 12V category that I doubt we see near as much focus on it as we do the M18 for a couple years. We'll undoubtedly see some additional items, but the 18V class is a much tighter race and will be the primary focus

its hard to think why the m12 fuel line needs more power, its tools are by far the largest in size of any 10.8v line up, if they can keep the same power but get them alot smaller then that maybe worth a redesign at some point.

that's a good point too, they are a fair size.

so what it sounds like is I should wait til august when they announce this "One Key" and then buy the m12 fuel because it wont be another situation where they revamp the m12's and im left with an old model?

Sounds like a plan to me Chewie. My major purchases are on hold until we have details about One Key as well.

M12 Fuel is already king of the hill, my focus for M12 would be making the tools smaller with the same power rather than same size with more power. M18 is already available for pure power, M12 has ground to make up with regards to portability.

• Like 3

its hard to think why the m12 fuel line needs more power, its tools are by far the largest in size of any 10.8v line up, if they can keep the same power but get them alot smaller then that maybe worth a redesign at some point.

That would be sweet... I love my M12 stuff, but the Bosch 12v tools are so tiny... I would love to NOT have to have another battery platform!