Makita evant and now toy

torontotoolman

SWEET drill dude, you can't go wrong with a Makita, they are built well, and I do like that blue color. What kind of battery is that thing using, whats the runtime? Yeah, the weather here has been so dam hot you can cook an egg on the street. I say its so dam hot I saw these boys in orange robes burst into flames, it was that hot I'm tellin you. Congrats on your new drill, and thanks for sharing some pics of it.

Ya here thr weather was rainy if it wad sunny id would have loved it now they atr 4.0 batteries 2 came with the kit plus they threw one 4.0 in for free im not sure the run time but i believe is arund 3 hours

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats Toronto! I had no idea that they had a cordless chainsaw, that thing looks awesome. Thank you very much for sharing this with the TIA Crew!

No problem i believe chrisk has the makita 36v chainsaw.. but ya its got power i ran it right after i ran the makita gas chainsaw and i wasnt disappointed with the cordless it runs off 2 18v batteries i am gonna buy one eventually

• Like 1

Nice, love to see that baby in action. See, I plan to do some action video's for the forum of my 2604. I will show it starting a lawn mower with a 15/16 socket, I will show it drilling wood with a 1 and 1/2 inch spade bit. I am hoping it will do it in speed 2, but if not, I have no doubt that M18 will do it in speed 1. And I thought I would sacraphice a small piece of 3/8 plywood to show it drilling a massive 5 inch hole with a holesaw. They said it couldn't be done, we shall see. So when the spade bits arrive, I will begin testing ;)

Ya i wanna do some testing on the makita aswell prob film some of it

What is the difference in color between the blue and white does that mean anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the difference is battery platforms. White is lesser run time etc. and more homeowner grade. Teal is their professional quality LXT gear.
  • Like 1

Not trying to argue but My white set (18v compact driver and impact) and my teal set(hammer drill and recip saw) had LXT on the side.

But it may have been homeowner vs professional color scheme thing. Their 10v drill/ impact driver combo are also white.

Edit: quick google suggest the white 18v line have the shorter runtime batteries aimed at the homeowner / DIYer / low end contracting crown and the real line are the longer running flagship line.

Could be that's just the name of their lithium batteries in general. When I first started buying power tools I wanted Makita but was told by a few people "make sure you buy the right color of makita so you end up with the platform you want". I didn't want to look into it too much so just said screw it and bought red lol.