Any Sawzall Fans

Charles Harris

I was doing a little yard work today. I decided to cut back some azaleas. The first thought I had was I better go grab my sawzall.

My dad and grandpa were plumbers and I grew up using a sawzall. I guess I learned then how valuable a Sawzall can be.

I've owned the following ones in the last couple years:

6538 - 15A Super Sawzall. Great saw but a little on the heavy side.

6519 - 12A Sawzall. My favorite corded Sawzall.

2720 - Fuel Cordless Sawzall. I can't say enough good about this tool. It's awesome.

I did purchase a DeWalt DCS 387 compact recip saw last year. I never made a cut with it. I only unboxed it and test run the motor. When I felt how much vibration that little saw has I decided to return it. I picked up the Fuel Sawzall and I'm glad I did.

Do you have any pictures or videos of your Sawzall? Do you have any Sawzall stories or just want to talk about them? If so feel free to post it here.

Here is a quick video I shot this morning.

https://youtu.be/5VMartuQYdI

• Like 1

I have a 2520 Hackzall and 2720 Sawzall. Love them, for rough cuts they can't be beat. I've used a 6509 and 6519 extensively for work and they are bulletproof.

Just the other day we bought a new bed frame w storage underneath so no longer needed a box spring. The Fuel Hackzall stripped it down to planks for recycling in minutes. I was able to carry one small bundle out the door w ease.

Here's a pic of mine guys. I've never tried the milwaukee fuel and I'm kinda scared 2 lol! I might wanna buy it ;) I've put both of these through a lot pruning tree branches and such I've even taken my dewalt to the shop and have cut some core supports on cars it been good to me so far.

• Like 1

Great idea Mikey!! If u don't mind I wanna copy u on that idea.

No problem BigMike, I also use the pvc for my SDS bits for my Bosh rotary hammer., cut the pipe so it fits in the case. You can label them for whatever you use them for. One of these days I'm going to pick up some clear pipe this way the contents are easy to view.

I'm in the market to upgrade from an 'old' ni-cad ryobi I inherited. I'm coveting the fuel sawzall. Beyond general work, I'll use it for pruning as well. A great excuse to use it.

Gotta say, Milwaukee was genius extending the stroke length and dropping the rpms. Really can't wait to get my hands on one.

Milwaukee corded sawzall is the best sawzall on the market. I also have an old Ryobi cordless that I have been using forever and it still works awesome.

I had one of the Ryobi cordless saws before I went to Milwaukee, and that thing took a ton of abuse. I have to say I do love my M12 and M18 fuel sawzalls though!!

For sure, this Ryobi's taken a beating. I'll try to post an ugly picture of it tomorrow. Either way, the fuel design is ridiculous. By extending the stroke length and reducing the rpms, they made it perform as though they increased the rpms by 500. Awesome way to conserve power. Sweet thing.

C-Haris, you are one of the coolest guys I know. Only toolnuts like us would think of trimming a bush with a sawzall lol. I am amazed at how good it does! Its going through it like butter, and best part is, you don't need a big loud ass chainsaw to get the job done, this proves Milwaukee Fuel is total kickass. I love sawzalls myself but never owned one. I just don't have enough project to justify purchase of one for right now. But one of these days I am going to pickup a Milwaukee fuel sawzall that is total kickass like yours. Too bad you don't live near me, that way I could come over and saw something in half with your sawzall and then laugh histerically like I have a screw loose. :D

LOL! It's funny how much different we look at stuff than wives. What we see as cool they see as weird. I'm sitting here with my wife now. I just let her watch the video. She said did you screw up our azaleas just to make this video you nut. It would be cool if you could come over. That way my wife could realize I'm not the only goofy tool nut.

I have a 2520 Hackzall and 2720 Sawzall. Love them, for rough cuts they can't be beat. I've used a 6509 and 6519 extensively for work and they are bulletproof.

Just the other day we bought a new bed frame w storage underneath so no longer needed a box spring. The Fuel Hackzall stripped it down to planks for recycling in minutes. I was able to carry one small bundle out the door w ease.

Lol! I have cut up a box spring with one before. It sure was easier to carry down the stairs.

Here's a pic of mine guys. I've never tried the milwaukee fuel and I'm kinda scared 2 lol! I might wanna buy it ;) I've put both of these through a lot pruning tree branches and such I've even taken my dewalt to the shop and have cut some core supports on cars it been good to me so far.

Don't try the fuel if you are worried you might have to buy one. You would love it.

I love my Porter Cable Tiger Saws, made up a few Sawzall blade tubes out of 2" and 1 1/2" pvc for blade storage, keeps the blades organized

Great idea for the blade storage. My grandpa used to keep his drill bits in hard copper tubes. It never dawned on me to use PVC to store my blades.

I'm in the market to upgrade from an 'old' ni-cad ryobi I inherited. I'm coveting the fuel sawzall. Beyond general work, I'll use it for pruning as well. A great excuse to use it.

Gotta say, Milwaukee was genius extending the stroke length and dropping the rpms. Really can't wait to get my hands on one.

You won't be disappointed with the Fuel Sawzall. It doesn't sacrifice any performance over a corded saw. It's awesome not having to drag a cord around for stuff like pruning.

I have cut plenty of bushes down with a sawzall. You get those thick branches that need a hedge trimmer isn't going to get, time to get the sawzall out.

I think the hardest thing I've had to cut with a Milwaukee Sawzall is through a 4" thick piece of stainless steel roundstock that was in a tight corner. Went through quite a few blades, but it all worked out in the end.

I've used my sawzalalso for just about everything. I even used it to help take a small stump out of the ground, about two feet across. I didn't wana ruin a chain saw chain an it was positioned were I didn't have room to pull it with my truck. Just took the sawzaw an cut around it an in quarters. Of course I've used them for pruning trees as well. Before I had my plasma cutter, metal cutting circular saw an porta band I cut a lot of metal with sawzalls as well.

My only complaint is I've spent more money on sawzall blades then the actual saws themselves.

I've got the following ones

- m18 brushed

-m18 fuel brushless

-12 amp corded millwakee

-Makita sawzall, not sure the amps or model

I also had a corded ryobi but it bit the dust.

I would hit that like button Bro but I'm all out:/ Thanks Mikey very much appreciated!what did u use on the ends?

BigMike I used what Plumbers call Gem Caps, they sell they at the Depot, they are rubber caps with a hose clamp on the end. On one end I tighten the clamp down and on the opposite end I keep the clamp off, this way I can just pull the cap off the push it back on.