Any Sawzall Fans

Charles Harris

BigMike I used what Plumbers call Gem Caps, they sell they at the Depot, they are rubber caps with a hose clamp on the end. On one end I tighten the clamp down and on the opposite end I keep the clamp off, this way I can just pull the cap off the push it back on.

Thanks Mikey!!

There is so much that Milwaukee put's out that I want to get. The M18 Fuel Sawzall 2720 is high my list of next purchases, but I'm doing pretty well with the corded recip saws that I have.

I make a lot of things out of old pallet wood, I was wondering if you guys think the M12 Fuel Hackzall 2520 would be able to cut through the nails in pallets. I usually go at pallets with a hammer and pry bar, which works very well, but it would be faster to just slip a blade under the slats to cut the nails. I know the 2720 can handle this with ease, just curious if the 2520 is a viable option.

Thanks in advance for the awesome advice

There is so much that Milwaukee put's out that I want to get. The M18 Fuel Sawzall 2720 is high my list of next purchases, but I'm doing pretty well with the corded recip saws that I have.

I make a lot of things out of old pallet wood, I was wondering if you guys think the M12 Fuel Hackzall 2520 would be able to cut through the nails in pallets. I usually go at pallets with a hammer and pry bar, which works very well, but it would be faster to just slip a blade under the slats to cut the nails. I know the 2720 can handle this with ease, just curious if the 2520 is a viable option.

Thanks in advance for the awesome advice

I think the 2520 would work well in that application. Just use a good blade. The 2720 would be faster though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the non-Fuel M12 Hackzall. I like it, but it ain't fast! Mostly used it for limbing holly trees at my sister's house, but it's done a bit of work cutting various tabs off of my Jeep.

I'm kinda undecided about what I want to pick up in the future. I'm kinda digging the M18 Fuel Sawzall, but then I kinda also want a couple of the corded models... The 15amp Super looks like nothing would slow it down, and the 13 amp looks like it wouldn't wear ME down as fast, LOL. And somebody posted about their new Bosch recip saw a couple of months ago, maybe a model 427? 428? 429? I remember it being the same as a coveted Ford big block engine, LOL.

i wish i had more reason to pull the sawzall out. finding creative uses for it is great. i bought some attachments that allowed me to grind away some grout around shower tiles that needed to be removed. so much easier to remove a small section than the whole wall. it's easily my most borrowed tool.

I have the non-Fuel M12 Hackzall. I like it, but it ain't fast! Mostly used it for limbing holly trees at my sister's house, but it's done a bit of work cutting various tabs off of my Jeep.

I'm kinda undecided about what I want to pick up in the future. I'm kinda digging the M18 Fuel Sawzall, but then I kinda also want a couple of the corded models... The 15amp Super looks like nothing would slow it down, and the 13 amp looks like it wouldn't wear ME down as fast, LOL. And somebody posted about their new Bosch recip saw a couple of months ago, maybe a model 427? 428? 429? I remember it being the same as a coveted Ford big block engine, LOL.

I had the 15amp version before the Fuel. It is one heavy tool.

I have a corded, M12 & M18.....all three never fail the mission and with the cordless being so good today I seldom ever take the corded out of the box. Had a Makita cordless about 3 years back, didn't like that it blew through batteries, it got stolen so no lost sleep......Insurance bought me a Milwaukee.

wow, those are really nice compared to the standard red. does anyone know if you can buy cases that arent molded for specific tools? i stop by the milwaukee service store every now and then, but they only have molded cases that don't fit any of my tools. the bags that come with the tools are okay for storing, but they really don't provide any protection.

My Fuel Sawzall came in from HD today! I'm so excited. My wife looked at me like I was crazy! Ha! I'm about to saw something as soon as the the little tyke's in bed. 

Now, what to do with this packaged battery? Anybody sell them on ebay before? What should I expect from a packaged 4.0 bat? Manufacture date code shows February 2015. Pity you can't just return them for credit.

My Fuel Sawzall came in from HD today! I'm so excited. My wife looked at me like I was crazy! Ha! I'm about to saw something as soon as the the little tyke's in bed. 

Now, what to do with this packaged battery? Anybody sell them on ebay before? What should I expect from a packaged 4.0 bat? Manufacture date code shows February 2015. Pity you can't just return them for credit.

Cut the dining room table in half :)

• Like 1

Lol! Our wives think a like.

Congrats.

You could cut down the bushes around the house.

Really, I'm just waiting for the weekend to get to demo-ing for a custom closet I'm putting in for my wife. Getting rid of the old reach-ins and converting a small office into a walk-in with a dressing table and built-ins. But until then, the dogwoods and poplars out front should be quaking in their spots. Our whole front yard is forest. Looks to be a fun, if not sweat filled and humid job. Can't wait!