Milwaukee M18 circular saw

Kyle GA

Recently bought a new Milwaukee m18 circular saw. I put a thin blade on it and something isn't right. If I loosen the bolt, it slips. But if I tighten it seems bogged down and there isn't a happy medium in between. It seems to me that the inner flange is flipped around backwards but I can not get it out. It seems in a fixed position or is it just ground into the black plastic under it? This is my 1st circular saw so I'm not sure. Any help on the cause and any help on a fix would be greatly appreciated. 1st pic is of my saw, 2nd is another pic I found online with similar problem.

Thanks,

Kyle

the inner flange is on backwards, sorry but someone at some time put it on and it got hot and stuck .....pry it off and flip it....

this is what it should look like

gtt.png

Yeah, it dug into the black plastic washer a little. The one that looks like black confetti isnt my saw, just a picture I found online with the same problem. My saw isn't as bad but it is dug in a stuck.

Should I take a razor and dig it out a little or would that harm something else?

Thanks

Kyle

I would say milwaukee  will not cover that, they will say user abuse.....but I would remove c-clip and remove flange outside of the saw then replace c-clip.

Also, if your blade is on the left side (meaning if your holding your saw like your about to use it, the saw blade is on left) then the bolt that holds the blade down will need to be tightened in reverse. 

basically, righty is loosey and lefty is now tighty

also pay attention to the blade direction, you want the cutting edge facing forward. I know it can be a little tricky when you first get a tool, everyone goes through it

you pretty much have to get it off and flipped around to use the saw safely and properly so either take it out by releasing c-clip or take it to service centre...

if you don't have c-clip pliers all you have to do is spread it larger than the ring. it is spring steel so it won't be easy but it can be done with 2 small screw drivers and something to pry them open. or needle nose pliers....anything to spread 

I would try and pry it loose if you can. But that's just me. 

Warning: Redneck advice about to in ensue 

1.) Start prying at the edges of the flange with a chisel or a putty knife. If you ain't got any of those, try carefully using a box cutter.

2.) Help the process along with some long nose pliers to wiggle the thing loose.

3.) Once loose, gentle sand off any burrs of plastic to allow the flange to sit flush on top.

Warning: More Redneck advice

I'm not too sure that you have to remove the retainer clips. I would try and pry off the inner flange first. If you can't get it off, then yes, you can remove the retainer clip and I guess you could pull out the shaft. 

yes it should just pop off there as it is stuck because of heat........a little bit of playing with it by prying or even lightly tapping it might brake it lose....

Warning: More Redneck advice

I'm not too sure that you have to remove the retainer clips. I would try and pry off the inner flange first. If you can't get it off, then yes, you can remove the retainer clip and I guess you could pull out the shaft. 

I have not taken one off but looks like the shaft will not come out. looks like it is only holding plastic retainer and dust cover and bearing race.....

• Like 1

I have not taken one off but looks like the shaft will not come out. looks like it is only holding plastic retainer and dust cover and bearing race.....

Oh I see...Thanks for the great advice Comp. 

Good luck Kyle, I hope you get your saw working

sounds like because it was on backwards it heated up and is now fused to bearing race, might have to remove other side cover and remove shaft, then knock it off from the inside out......