and.....here are my Dewalts....

ChrisK

So just posted my small Makita family portrait so not wanting to snuff team yellow.....

Darn it! Forgot my Dewalt XL clamps :( well I've got six of them!

Oh and for any of you smart alecks....my Wife loves me. I didn't realize she wrote it on my I feed feed table for my planer

• Like 2

I like this family portrait a lot more than the other :) Any issues with DCD985?

Justin, sorry dude, just saw this post! Nope.....not a thing wrong with that baby. I'm shooting a quick video of the new Bosch side by side with this to show how it operates and I love the DCD985. USA made and a total powerhouse. Ask my foundation walls :)

No prob, the reason I ask is because my uncle got a spade bit stuck in the chuck. We tried for almost an hour trying to get it out we used a hammer two pipe wrenches and a bottle of Wd-40 and finally got it out. I can't for the life of me figure out why this happened, the drill never had the problem again. Have you ever heard of this before??

Hmmmm, could be isolated or maybe it was put in wrong prior to use? Or it could be the chuck failed. I have a for instance though,

During my shop relocation, my Brother came over to help me out. He's a pro plumber. I'm not. So i did the heavy work and that included me building a half wall so I set about drilling 30 holes for some larger tapcons 5/8" by 6". The drill worked flawlessly. Got hotter than heck but that a lot of work for a cordless drill. I then got a Lennox 4-1/2" hole saw on a an 18" extension and drilled through my 10" base plate and exterior. Lot of work for a cordless drill, huge amounts of torque and the gun and chuck worked flawlessly. I googled problems with the chuck just prior to responding and for the first three pages, nothing but how to remove the chuck. So....my brother had the same drill without issues and I haven't thus far (hope I don't too!). Sorry I can't help dude! I'm hoping it's an isolated incident and it could've just been a defective chuck.

It happened awhile back but never happened again, I guess its one of those things we will never know the answer to. Thanks anyway Chris, you're a brave man using a cordless with that hole saw. I don't like to use my heavy duty corded drills if I don't have to, breaking my wrist is one on my fears in the trade.