Dewalt DWE575 vs Skilsaw SPT67WM-22

73SLA

Just wondering, which one of these saws would be best for professional work? 

Just these two (DWE575 and SPT67WM), yes Dewalt and Makita are the most popular (on most jobsites that I've been to) for building houses and that sort of stuff. 

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give feedback, such as pros and cons of each, experiences*, thoughts, and other things. 

*I know that many tool brands are getting a lot of hate thrown at them, including Dewalt. Please do not disparage or "trash" any brand in any way. 

I'm currently leaning towards the Dewalt just because you could throw almost any blade on it and it would still look good (I care a lot about cosmetics). I personally think it looks best with Bosch and Freud/Diablo blades. ;-)

I have the dewilt sidewinder its ok nothing special i threw on a concrete blade and use it for stupid shit and i seen on one of the guys at work the little nob thing to lift the gardblade broke off when it was just sitten on the ground and i hit it with my foot honestly i can say from experience iv seen more dewilts break then any other tool there really dont make them that tough maybe dewily is home owner tough but not jobsite tough

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have the dewilt sidewinder its ok nothing special i threw on a concrete blade and use it for stupid shit and i seen on one of the guys at work the little nob thing to lift the gardblade broke off when it was just sitten on the ground and i hit it with my foot honestly i can say from experience iv seen more dewilts break then any other tool there really dont make them that tough maybe dewily is home owner tough but not jobsite tough

Best bet is skilsaw sidewinder or warmdrive or a makita hypoid or even makita brushless 6.5 cordless or the milwaukee 6.5 brushless

Maybe the guys just got a bad one. As I said, I've seen a lot of the two saws DWE575(SB) on jobsites, along with Makitas. 

Apparently, DWE575's ARE jobsite-tough. If they weren't, why would I go once to a jobsite and see many people using it and go again a week later to see that people are still using it? In fact on one jobsite there was a DWE575 and a 5007F and the guy just used the DWE575 while leaving the 5007F alone on the ground. 

Maybe the guys just got a bad one. As I said, I've seen a lot of the two saws DWE575(SB) on jobsites, along with Makitas.

Apparently, DWE575's ARE jobsite-tough. If they weren't, why would I go once to a jobsite and see many people using it and go again a week later to see that people are still using it? In fact on one jobsite there was a DWE575 and a 5007F and the guy just used the DWE575 while leaving the 5007F alone on the ground.

Well il tell you from my personal experience on jobsites as a framer cutting 2x lumber all day and useing circ saws and sawzall. That dewilt is really not jobsite tough iv seen there sawzalls break all the time iv seen thw circ saws break and really on the jobsites i really only see skilsaw warm drives i barly ever seen sidewinders

OK I figured...

But just saying, a lot of us here in Metro Detroit in Michigan seem to be liking the DWE575(SB)'s (so far)...

Honestly different strokes for different folks and different regions are into different tools il say im not a big dewilt fan i do like some of there tools i like there older modle hypoid but they stoped making it lol but ya im just giving you my opion and experience id say go for skilsaw over dewalt anyday but thats what this forum is good for you got a lot of experienced people with different opions on tools and fron that you can make your decision

I'm currently leaning towards the Dewalt just because you could throw almost any blade on it and it would still look good (I care a lot about cosmetics). I personally think it looks best with Bosch and Freud/Diablo blades.  ;-)

Can't argue with that!

I can speak to the Dewalt, I'm sure it's a decent saw. But....the Skilsaw is a really well thought out machine with an incorporated depth guide on the inside of the blade guard and a blower. Plus it's light. Lighter than most saws!

Where the Skilsaw wins: 

4 stator windings, 2 on each side (as opposed to most other manufacturers which use 1 field winding on each side) 

Depth gauge (no big deal for me, we like to use our eyes and check with the piece we're cutting) 

Faster blade speed 

Vari-Torque blade clutch (stall protection) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the Dewalt wins: 

Power of motor is known (2.6 hp motor when it's not connected to the gears, just the motor spinning by itself.) 

Color (looks nice with almost any blade)

57 degree bevel capacity vs 56 degrees for the Skilsaw (still a big deal for us) 

Bevel stop at 22.5 degrees 

1/8" deeper depth of cut 

Same weight as the Skilsaw 

But I'd still like other people to give their opinions. 

I vote Skil.....but not the sidewinder, the 77 is what I would go for. I have both and the sidewinder never get used. The 77 has a much better feel to me plus I cut straighter with it, yes its heavier but you learn to use that to your advatage.....anyway good luck in your tool journey.