Watch "Building Construction: "Framing Floor Joists and Walls" 1950 US Navy Training Film" on YouTube

torontotoolman

Awesome! There a few channels, that upload all types of these old Military Training Films, I spend hours and hours watching them.  I am a "History Buff" and love learning, there are some real treasures out there, and without the drama crap shows on the cable channel History, which is actually a joke LOL.

-Steven

They don't really build stuff like that in the military anymore. It's all prefabbed or shipping containers now.

ya timez have changed in that aspect i didnt really watch it because it was military i watched it because i cam relate to it and its cool so see them doing what i do but in the 50s hand cutting and hand nailing and all that its cool to watch

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Crazy, but a lot of the main concepts are still the same. But now we use power tool. Which reminds me, how is that Makita nailer working for you. I checked one out next to the Senco, and it was lighter with better ergonomic handle. Just has an appeal to it

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Very interesting, I really enjoyed watching that. Amazing how much of what I do fabricating steel follows a lot of the same principles when it comes to laying everything out. My X's mark what side of the line to cut rather then where to place the piece though.

Ya pretty much the same its crazy even marking out the studs with a line and an X its crazy we do are corners different thoo we make and L to connected 2 walls

I framed house for about 10 years before I went on my own and we would connect our outer corner walls the same way, with an L post.

I framed house for about 10 years before I went on my own and we would connect our outer corner walls the same way, with an L post.

Ya man its such a smart way of doing it we do it with all walls partitions and outter walls its the most effextive way to tie to walls together and sometimes it gives a back up for the drywall