not showing anything off but...

chewie17

ive been looking at toolbox storage options and I can only find a few toolboxes I think will suit my needs.... I like having everything accessible so drawers would seem natural.

ive looked into the Milwaukee tool chest and love it. but has anyone made their own?

I saw some youtube videos and one guy (Diresta) made a toolchest and made it look like a DeWalt tough box. neat idea

lets hear some thoughts?

It's deffintly possible to make your own. However is it worth it? if you like the idea of the project thoe go for it.

I just have a feeling the cost of slides, casters, an wood or metal would not be far off from the cost of buying a new one. Then how much do you value your own time at?

that's a fair point, I don't know if I would use slides... im mostly looking for a tool chest upper, where I can keep my shop tools... so 12v drills hammers sockets chisels things like that where I can have everything in one spot where I don't take up a huge area.

I have issues with the "standard" drawer sizes more than the basic layout of the drawers... so custom means I can use my own tools as a way to set the drawers to fit my needs