What in the Hell.....

StrippedScrew

I had a few hours to kill today as I finished work early so I took a trip into town to visit the hardware store, needed to pick up some nuts and bolts. At the corner of my eye I noticed something new something red and I knew what it was so after dancing over like a fairy sprinkling pixie dust I gasped in aw at the gen 2 Milwaukee combi drill and impact driver kit.

So I asked at guy at the counter how much it was and when he told me my jaw dropped €760 ($870)

Surely that's gotta be taking the biscuit is it really $870 give or take for the same kit in the US?

Holy hell, 870 dollars? I can buy a 60" HD tv for that! Screw that, I would never pay that much for a tool. Hell my Husqvarna 570BTS commercial blower doesn't even cost that much and its got an engine, and engine's are expensive. What is that tool made out of gold? Milwaukee needs to get their shit together when it comes to their pricing. Its the whole reason why I won't buy a Milwaukee sawzall, 200 dollars for the bare saw, thats not even the price for a kit, and thats 1st gen brushless fuel, not 2nd gen.

My thoughts exactly Id love to try out Milwaukee but no way in hell would I pay that price. The 1st gen cordless sawzall cost €469 ($537)

Milwaukee needs to get their shit together when it comes to their pricing. Its the whole reason why I won't buy a Milwaukee sawzall, 200 dollars for the bare saw, thats not even the price for a kit, and thats 1st gen brushless fuel, not 2nd gen.

There is no gen 2 Fuel. There is no real competitor for their Fuel sawzall. That's th reason it costs what it does; it's still king of the hill.

Like every brand, different markets have different supply channels. Different distribution means different pricing. They're pricing is competitive with the other major brands in Canada.